24

Austin can hear the car door open and then the crunching of leaves behind him. He knows it's Angel - the woman has no concept of personal space. Between her and Phoebies rediculous speculation session of possible suspects Austin had felt like his head was going to explode. Trust him to find the one woman in the fucking world that can outdo his sister's chaos.

"Austin..."

"Miss Knite, a moment would be very much appreciated."

Angel is silent for a second and Austin finds himself surprised at her listening to him but spoke too soon as he hears the leaves crunching again as she walks around and stands in front of him. She is tiny, she reminds him of a baby deer with her small slight frame - she only comes up to his chest. She would go flying with one flick of his finger. He would find it comical in any other setting but, with her, he feels a possessive knot pull tight in his chest. She is standing in front of him with her hands on her cocked hips as she looks at him with her nose scrunched in defiance. He knows she wants to demand that he talk to her and then get back in the car so he waits, just watching quietly, preparing to hear a slew of crazy words tumble out of her mouth. But, they never come.

Instead, she blows out a gust of air making her lips flap as she looks to the side and then back at him. "Ok," she says softly. That was hard for her - she demands attention and always gets it so for her to back off and respect him is a biggie. She turns her body and takes a few steps toward the car but, Austin reaches out to her and pulls her back. He needs a moment, but he never said he needed it alone. Angel is all chaos and crazy - but, she's comfortable and grounding too. He has no fucking idea why.

"Do I have to be quiet?"

"Yes."

Angel stands next to him quietly, her fingers fidgeting with the fluff on her puffer jacket. Austin only needed a few seconds of quiet to right his head but, now he wants to see how long it takes for Angel to crack. It takes three minutes and twelve seconds - longer than he thought.

"Who looked at trees and thought - hey, I bet I could make paper from them? Oh, sorry...proceed with the quietness."

"Won't work if you keep talking Miss Knite."

"I forgot."

"You forgot to keep quiet while we were actively being quiet?"

Angel shifts uncomfortably, her nose scrunching again - this is painful for her but she is trying hard and Austin finds it endearing. "Come here," he says cupping her cheeks and kissing her, she climbs on him and by the time he breaks the kiss her arms are around his neck, and her legs are curled around his hips.

"Do I drive you crazy?"

"Yes."

"Must be a bugger being stuck in a car with me then."

"It is."

Angel laughs and then kisses him again. "I want you to stay but I don't think there is a threat anymore, Austin," Angel says. She may be right, he has no evidence to suggest otherwise - nothing other than his gut. He could try and explain it to Angel but, she has already decided there is no longer a threat and it may be best to give her this weekend with her parents without the fear of a threat. The girl has been through enough for the last few weeks and if he is being honest he just does not have the mental strength to attempt a serious conversation with her so he just shakes his head.

"Fair enough. Down please," Angel says with a laugh. Austin puts her down and then turns to see Phoebe smooshed up against the window watching them with a grin on her face.

"Would it be possible that your sister did all this just to meet me?"

"Don't start that shit again."

Austin opens the passenger door and gives Angel a stern look and a tight nod that makes her grin and then hop into the car. As ludicrous as their conversation had been both Phoebe and Angel had made valid points, but his gut says Lia. He will not overlook the fact that Nate is obsessed and has a girlfriend Austin knows little about, and he has a few questions for Jona...but Lia - why does he keep coming back to Lia? He has nothing on her and he can't pinpoint a motive when it comes to her. This could all be for nothing and Angel could be right, the hooded man could just have been a rogue and there is no longer a threat. But, as of right now, everyone is a suspect once again.