9

Angel forces herself not to cry in front of that oaf of a man. She makes her way to her room and closes the door before she bursts into tears.

"Shit! Fuck!"

"Oh, now you talk? Thanks for defending me against that nasty shithead. Fuck, the balls on that man! Who does he think he is?"

She trudges to her still-rumpled bed and climbs into it getting cake batter, flour, and green dye all over it. She knows she is whimsical and careless - so what? She is a fucking rockstar, it's not like she needs to be serious about life. The only thing she is good at is singing, performing, and songwriting - she is very serious and logical about all three. She doesn't want to be boring or an asshole like Austin. She is happy with the way she is and never thought she would be better off as something else and it makes her really mad that Austin makes her feel like she should change. So she would never be a woman he would respect - she suspects his exes were all robots. No human woman would choose to subject herself to him. Does he have a girlfriend? She does not even know his relationship status - but she is sure he is very much single. He is the type to die alone.

She does not know anything about him, but something happened. She can tell by the way he reacted to her bullshit snip about him starting fires. She wonders what happened in his past. She would ask him - she has. But, he just stares at her or ignores her. All she knows is he is from the military which she can't understand how because the man is covered in tattoos from head to toe - even his face, and she is pretty sure that would not be a thing in the military. But, she does not think he would lie about that. She lies in her bed and ignores Charlie as he walks around the bed talking. She will sulk here for the rest of the day or until Lia calls her. She is not sure what she has planned for the day - that's Lia's job.

She hears Austin bumping around downstairs and is sure she hears him talking to people but he would probably just ignore her if she asks what he's up to - the ass. Eventually, she hears a soft knock on her door but does not answer. Whoever it is can sort themselves out. The door opens slightly then closes and opens again as Austin steps in and closes the door behind him.

"It is now mid-day. Why are you in bed?"

"I am being sad. I am dramatically sulking in my bed."

"Dramatically sulk out of your bed. I have men needing to come in here."

"How many?"

"Four."

Angel sits up and pulls her duvet under her chin. "Do I have to fuck them all at the same time?" she asks making her eyes go big. "Excuse me?" Austin asks with a frown. "It's just that I am such a slutty girl who fucks everyone so I was just wondering if I could do them one at a time or-" Austin cuts her off when he hits her with those pricing blue eyes and walks slowly to her bed throwing off her duvet.

"You have cake batter all over your sheets."

"Cake batter or cu-"

"Enough. Get out of bed, shower, and do not leave that bathroom unless you are fully clothed... appropriately."

Angel pouts and folds her arms in front of her as Austin stares her down. He does scare her a little with how domineering he is without even trying. She sighs and gets out of bed, dry cake batter cracking and falling off her skin as she stamps to the bathroom and slams the bathroom door then turns on the shower. Peeling off her clothing she steps into the shower letting the hot water melt and wash away the cake batter and flour as she soaps up. When she shuts off the water she can hear people talking in her room. He warned her not to come out until she is fully dressed and her dressing room is attached to the bathroom so she has no excuse for not dressing before she comes out, but annoying Austin by defying his instructions brings her a slight thrill so she wraps her towel around her and yanks her door open then slams into Austin's rock hard body causing her to bounce back a little. The man is made of concrete. He is standing firmly in front of her bathroom door with a bored knowing look on his face. He knew exactly what she was going to do. He does not look impressed. "Don't you fucking dare," he warns her raising one eyebrow and piercing her with his blue eyes again. "Fine," she grumbles stepping back as he grabs the door handle and slams the door shut. Spoilsport.