13

Angel blinks her eyes open. She can't move and is battling to breathe a little with the dead weight of Austin's body on top of her. It's weird though because she feels a sense of comfort, a sense of serenity. This is only the second night she has been under him like this, the second morning she has woken up like this and she does not know how she will ever be able to sleep any other way again. She has always been a restless sleeper only able to sleep two or three hours before waking up then tossing and turning for a good hour before sleep pulls her under again. But last night and the night before she never woke up once when Austin had engulfed her with his beautiful body. It's strange, most people would feel claustrophobic or even slightly panicked with this weight on them, but Angel feels the opposite - she needs it.

She tries to shift slightly, her muscles stiff from not moving all night, but Austin is too heavy so she moves her feet slightly and hears Austin's breathing in her ear change. He shifts and rolls onto his back. Angel stretches her cramped muscles, they are painful, but it's a nice pain - a content pain. Angel doesn't understand it either.  She rolls over and looks at Austin. He is awake. The blanket is draped low over his hips giving her a lovely view of his naked chest, he has one arm bent behind his head as he stares at the ceiling with a perplexed look on his face while his other hand is splayed out on his chest. His brain must hurt with how much he is thinking.

"Do you know anything about Greek mythology,  Austin?"

"No."

"Well, According to Greek mythology, humans were made with four arms, four legs, and two heads. They were very powerful and the gods feared them. So one day Zeus split them into two. Apollo, felt sorry for the humans as they were dying from sadness and the pain of being split. He stitched the humans from where they were cut apart, so we had time to find our soul mate before we die. That's also why we have belly buttons - it's where we were once joined."

Austin frowns at her words as he continues to look up at the ceiling then sighs heavily. "I don't understand you," he whispers. "You have a belly button and so do I. Coincidence? I think not," she says. "We are mammals. It is where our umbilical cords attached us to our mothers - it's simple science, " Austin mumbles still staring at the ceiling. Angel sits up and straddles him, leaning over and hovering her face in his. His eyes snap from the ceiling to hers - it's the only movement he makes.

"No, it's because I have a soulmate. I am attached invisibly to someone...and there is nothing I can do to change that," she says leaning in further and pecking his lips with hers. He does nothing, but watch her so she pecks his lips again - still nothing, only starting. So she pecks him again and then stares back at him. Suddenly he rolls them so she is tucked under him, her legs wrapped around his hips and her arms stretched above her head as he grips her wrists. He stares down at her, his eyes searching her face and the sexual tension between them is suffocating. "Stop fucking with me. Do that again and I will lock my bedroom door when I sleep at night," he says then sits up and walks out of the bedroom, slamming the door behind him. "Shit!  Fuck! " Charlie screeches. "Yeah, I know, Charlie. It's fucking bullshit," Angel says climbing out of the bed and picking Charlie up. She sighs and walks to her room. Angel has had tons of partners - that sounds bad - but it's not like it was planned and most of them never got to a point where it was sexual because they, thankfully, showed their true colors pretty early on. Her money, her fame, and the exposure that comes with it were usually what they were after. She is impulsive so when given a little attention she is happy to go along for the ride even if she is not feeling it. She has only had one boyfriend and one girlfriend that she had believed love was a factor - but alas they were never meant to be and she was left severely heartbroken. But, something about Austin is different. She can't say for sure what it is, maybe it's her current fucked up circumstance or that he is not playing into her hands like everyone else does. But, it's there brewing just under the surface, and eventually, something has gotta give - now that is just simple science.