19

After almost an hour of Jona explaining why having giraffes at the entrance to her shows will be a bad idea she has had enough and needs to get going - the studio is calling her name and she needs to get lost in her music again. She has been responsible enough for one day - being responsible is boring. She is not stupid, her parents were unorthodox in the way they raised her, but they were not stupid either. "Have fun, enjoy life but have the brains to make sure you are always in charge and on top," her father would constantly repeat to her. It's how they lived their lives and so it's how she lives hers. They also gave her a ridiculous amount of confidence so she is not easily swayed by what people think of her and because she is always in the spotlight there are a lot of people who have an opinion on her and her life - she shrugs it off like water on a ducks back. Although, she finds Austin's opinion of her sticks - why does she care what he thinks anyway? He is a grumpy tosser.

"Angel, look at this," Jona says pointing to his bald spot, "it's getting bigger and it's because of you," he groans. Angel slides off the table and sits on his lap then kisses the bald spot. "It just makes it easier for me to kiss closer to that clever brain of yours. Giraffes at all the entrances - make it happen," she says and goes to kiss his bald spot again, but is suddenly yanked off Jona's lap. "Let her sit on your lap again, Jona, and that stalker won't be the only one with a target on his back," Austin says in a low warning. Jona's eyes widen and he nods quickly. "Sorry, please don't kill me," he says, he may or may not have wet his pants a little. "That was mean," Angel says frowning at Austin. "You play too much," Austin says turning and walking out of the boardroom. "I disagree! I don't play enough!" Angel declares and goes to pinch Austin's ass but he grabs her hand and gives her a pointed look.

"I need the loo," Angel says opening the ladies' bathroom door, stopping when it looks like Austin is going to go in with her. "What are you doing?" she asks. Austin raises his eyebrows.

"You can't be serious. Just stand out here."

"I have not checked the bathrooms."

"What are you afraid of?  Some woman attacking me with her tampon? Just stay here, that is a direct order Private," she says and salutes him. Austin glares at her. "It's offensive for a civilian to salute. Don't do that again and I was a lieutenant, not a Private," he growls. She would point out that he is now technically a civilian now, but, again, she is not stupid. She rolls her eyes, "stay here, Austin," she says and steps into the bathroom expecting him to ignore her and follow her in, but he doesn't.

"Oh, what are you doing in here?" she asks, surprised to see Lia washing her hands in the sink. She was sure she was just outside. "I needed the toilet," Lia says with a little giggle. "Of course. Stupid question," Angel says going into a stall. She frowns when she hears Lia suddenly starting to talk. "Oh, hello....yes she is right here...I will get her for you," Lia says. "Angel, your mom is on the phone," Lia calls out. Angel pushes her wee out as quickly as she can then rushes out the stall and grabs the phone, holding it between her shoulder and chin as she washes her hands.

"Hey, mum!"

"Hey, kid!  I am hung over as fuck, Dad and I had some friends over last night."

"Nice!"

Angel leans on the sink as she talks, she always gets so lost in conversation when she talks to her mum. She feels Lia take her elbow and lead her out the bathroom door then frowns a little when she doesn't see Austin and the passage looks a little different but she bats the thoughts away as she continues to chat to her mum, She loses focus so she is sure Austin is close. He always is. Lia leads her down to the elevator as she talks and then she steps inside, still talking. She turns when she hears Austin call her name, but she can't see him as the elevator doors close. That's not right. "Hold on, mum," she says and looks at Lia. "Where is Austin?" she asks. Lia lets out a soft laugh and shakes her head. "You always get so caught up when your mom phones, it's sweet. You really love her. Austin will just meet us by the car - no one is around, I am sure it will be fine," Lia says then points to Angel's phone. Angel is not sure about this. It does not sound like something Austin would approve of. But, they are parked in the underground parking and Lia is right, she is being silly. "Angel?" she hears her mom through the phone. "Oh, sorry," she says holding the phone to her ear and talking again, again getting so lost in her conversation that Lia has to take her arm and lead her to the car.