004

THE TWO SORCERERS ran away from the Curse that was following them, but then it dispersed into smaller curses that looked like insects.
"Yuta! Do you trust me?" Tanji asked the panicked boy who just kept running.
"Yes!" Yuta said without hesitation. Unexpectedly to Yuta, Tanji grabbed a swimming tube threw it on the slide as they threw themselves onto it.

The two slid down the slide with the Curses following after them.
"Yuta, I need you to hold on to me tight." Tanji told the boy as they both stood up on the tub, keeping their balance as they slid down the slide. The boy clutched onto the girl's arm with fear on how fast they were going down the slide and with the Curses still following them.
"Throw me." Tanji simply said as the two were almost reaching down to the bottom.

At first, Yuta was confused on the steel eyed girl's request.
"Now!" Yuta released her the grip of Tanji's arm and replaced it by Yuta grabbing her hands and throwing her as hard as he could. Tanji placed her hand on her katana, closed her eyes and took a deep breath.
"Main Form: Concentration...Invisible Thread."
Tanji opened her eyes and saw a single thread that was connected from her katana to the Curse's head.

Yuta saw with his own eyes that the girl did a swift clean cut to the Curse's head and the body turned to ash. Not only Yuta found the girl beautiful, everything that she did was graceful. Tanji landed on the ground with ease as Yuta got off the slide and ran towards her.
"That was amazing!" Yuta smiled brightly at the girl.
"You...really think so?" Tanji placed her sword back in the case.

"Mh-hm!" Yuta nodded with happiness in seeing his classmate's Cursed Technique.
"Well...credit to my old pops. He's the one that trained me and I take after one of his forms." Tanji smiled in remembering her grandfather.
"But...Yuta?" Tanji's smile went away and looked at the boy who just hummed in response.
"Why were you running from the Curse? Did you find any of the girls?" Tanji asked the boy.
"N-No. I...I saw it eat the girl whole." Yuta whispered, looking down.

"I'm sorry you had to see that. Curses have their own role of dealing with humans." Tanji sighed with Yuta looking up at the girl.
"But! Let's keep looking for them." Tanji shook her head as she started to walk with Yuta. However, once the two took their step right by the pool, a strong scent of blood was filled in their noses. Tanji looked at the 6 ft pool to see 6 human bodies were floating.

"Takamori-San...are those...?" Yuta was too shocked to even speak.
"Yes. Those are the 6 girls...including Matama's family member." Tanji's gaze looked at the girl who was facing upwards, looking up at the sky...

"You useless girl! Woman are weak and are supposed to guide Ronin! Not become a Ronin!" A old man with long white hair that was pulled up into a slick ponytail along with a traditional Japanese clothing.
"I'm not some concubine. Once you die, I'll take your place as the leader of he Takamori Clan...weather you like it or not." 14 year old Tanji told the chief of the Takamori Clan.

He was Tanji's great-great-grandfather, Takamori Kuro. He was cruel and had no thought of anyone nor anyone, not even his own kin.
"Hah! You're mother was whore who just had a tip and dip without giving any thought of even having a son." Kuro laughed at his great granddaughter who just snarled and left her Residence in hearing Kuro's laugh and words through her ears.

Tanji's thought we're knocked out when Yuta placed his hand on her shoulder.
"Are you okay? I called your name 5 times, but you were just zoned out." Yuta told the girl but she just gave a fake smile to the boy.
"I'm fine...let's head back. The police will take of the bodies." Tanji bent her hand down into the water and they left the park. Yuta noticed the girl's mood was damp and moody, so he decided not to talk.

Later on, they arrived at Matama's house, who happily accepted inside.
"Were you able to find her??" Matama urgently asked the two, but he noticed their behavior and broke down.
"W-We were supposed to get married next week." Matama's words shocked the two.
"It...it was a floral wedding...S...She wanted 3 kids!" Matama wailed as he broke down even more, falling to he ground.

"Forgive us...if we came sooner, none of this wouldn't have happened." Tanji got on her knees and bowed to the man. Matama looked up to see Tanji bowing down in sympathy.
"No. It's not your fault." Matama stopped crying as he stood up but Tanji was still on the ground.
"She's in a better place, Matama-San." Yuta comforted the man who just nodded. Tanji got up from the ground and put something in Matama's hand.

"This belonged to your fiancé. I'm sure she would've wanted you to have it." Matama opened his hand to see a pregnancy test with a surprise card.
"We'll be on our way." Tanji and Yuta bowed before leaving the man. As the two were walking back, Yuta decided to ask Tanji something.
"Takamori-San?" Yuta called out and she hummed in response.
"Why aren't woman allowed into your clan?" Yuta asked the girl and she stopped walking.

"Damn Gojo spreading my shit around." Tanji mumbled before taking a deep sigh.
"Come on. It's better for someone with experience to tell you." Tanji told the boy and they started walking once more, but North of the mountains of Japan.

~Time Skip~

When they arrived at the forest mountains of North of Japan, the air was thin and Yuta was having trouble breathing as he walked up the mountain.
"What's wrong?" Tanji asked the boy as he panting hard.
"The...The air is so thin up here!" Yuta breathed out, clutching onto his chest.
"Don't focus on breathing. Think of your main goal in life that will be your reward once you reach our destination." Tanji told the boy. Yuta took in her words and focused on breaking the Curse of Rika.

"We're here." Yuta looked up to see a small Japanese cottage house by a small river.
"Before we go in, don't mind what he says. He thinks everybody's life is a joke." Tanji told the boy.
"He?"
Tanji opened the door only for a glass plate to be thrown at them, but the girl dodged it with Yuta hiding behind her.
"Who the hell do you think you are thinking you can come onto my land, ESPECIALLY my house—?!!" The man finally walked into the room.

"Tanji...AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE IN SCHOOL?!?" The old man yelled at the young girl.
"Figured I'd drop by to check up on my old pops. Be grateful." Tanji grumbled as the two took off their shoes and fully came into the cottage.
"WHO THE HELL IS HE?!?" The old man yelled once more, pointing at Yuta who just squeaked in fright.
"Okkotsu Yuta. Be nice." Tanji simply said, gently pulling Yuta to sit next to her.

"N-Nice to meet you...Um.." Yuta bowed but not knowing the man's name.
"Takamori Katsu." The man grumbled, sitting in front of the two.
"So...what do you I owe this pleasure visit from my granddaughter and boyfriend?" Katsu asked the two who just blushed at his question.
"WE'RE NOT DATING YOU OLD OAF!!" Tanji blushed furiously with Yuta blushing as well.

"Fine! What are you two doing here?" Katsu re-fixed his question.
"Tell us the story of the Takamori Clan." Tanji simply said.
"You came all this way...just for me to tell you a story?" Katsu deadpanned at his granddaughter.
"It's better when you tell." Tanji mumbled to her old pops who just sighed.
"Listen carefully and prepare for what you see."

(04/10/2023)