Chapter 13

I knew what he wanted. I could feel the need radiating off of him, the need to mark me, the need to make me his. I knew that I shouldn't have pressed him further. If I valued my freedom, I would have just kept my mouth shut but I needed to push him. I needed to know how far was too far for him. I had this innate need to push him, to see how far he would go. I let a shudder out of my body along with a sigh as I felt his teeth still pressing into my skin.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I sobbed.

He let out a deep growl. It sounded almost painful, but I could hear the possessive undertone. I could hear the desperation in him to reach me on a deeper level.  He backed away from my neck just a little so that he could talk through ragged breaths.

"You're mine. You were always meant to be mine. I don't want to hurt you like this. I don't like to see you in pain, but I cannot let you go. Things will be easier once you stop fighting this. Fighting me. Once you settle down and settle into this life, you'll be happy love. I can make you happy if you just stop fighting me."

I sobbed more, letting the shudders take over my body as I quaked with the realization that I was stuck here. There was no freedom. No Nicole. No savior. Just me and him.

He rested his head back into the curve of my neck, letting his teeth press against my neck once again. As time passed, I began to feel his teeth slowly retract and his breathing calm. Finally, he moved away from my neck to look at me. His eyes softened as they looked over my features, probably realizing how broken I really was, and reached up to stroke a figure over my cheek.

"You're always trying to fight me, it's time you let me take care of you. Let me make things better for you," I looked up at him with hollow eyes. Maybe it would be better if I just let him take care of me. If I stop fighting him, maybe I can be happy like he said, "Are you tired now? You need to rest a little, you woke up too early that's why your so upset. Come."

He picked me up and carried me over to the couch I had sat at previously with Emily and laid me down on it, resting my head on the armrest.

He raised his arm, and began petting the right side of my face, caressing the strands of hair as he went down, "I will go get you a blanket. You rest here, I have work to do, but I will not leave you. You never have to worry about that. You will always have me."

He got up and walked over to the closest adjacent to the couch and grabbed a throw blanket along with a small pillow. As he made his way over to me, I turned around and curled my body up into the grooves of the couch cocooning myself into a protective ball. I stared blankly at the couch as Axle lifted me up and placed the pillow under my head and the blanket over my body. I noticed that the blanket smelled a lot like him and snuggled into the couch deeper. As if it could protect me and console me.

He began petting the back of my head, lifting the strands to glide through his hands, "I sleep in here too sometimes. Work can take a long time and it gets tiresome. Can you smell me one the blanket? It pleases me and my wolf to know that you are surrounded by my scent. I love to take care of you, love. That's all you have to do for now, just let me take care of you."

I continued to stare blankly into the cushion of the sofa. Hoping it would give me something. A reprieve from this nightmare. A beautiful scene that I could focus myself on, but it gave me nothing but a void, empty mind. I felt my body calm down and my eyes started to close as I focused on my sound breathing and the movement of his hands through my hair.

"Such a good girl. You sleep, I will be here when you wake."

"Mama? What does love look like?"

"What?" My mother laughed out as she sat in her chair looking down at me.

"Love, what's it look like? Shery says that she wants to marry and that she needs to find love to do it. I went on a quest to find it today but couldn't find it. All the big kids were laughing at me. Even Shery and I was just trying to help her!"