Chapter 35

As I try to catch my balance, I try to pinpoint where the bomb went off. I look up and search the room with panicked eyes. I can tell the bomb went off nearby, but I'm unsure if it's inside or outside. I look over to Ava to see if she's okay, but I can see the gleam in her eyes. It's happening. I can tell by the way she holds back her grin. She has to know to stay calm or at the very least act as if she's terrified of who is trying to attack us. Before I can ask her anything I'm lifted up from my stumbling position by two strong arms. I turn to look around and see that Axle is behind and is looking around to analyze the area.

"What's happening?" I say, trying to sound weak.

He looks down at me and wraps his arm around my torso. My entire body is pressing against his and I think this is his way of reassuring himself that I am here and unharmed. I look over to Ava to see that the Enforcer has her by the arm and a sneer on his face and he too looks over the entire area. Ava looks at him begrudgingly but says nothing. I can hear alarmed whimpers coming from the entire room and when I look around, I can see that many of the wolves are both alarmed and alert. 

Suddenly Noah appeared looking stern and hard, "Alpha, we have the warriors checking over the perimeter. Many of our men were shot down with an Ivy concentrate. We have not been able to locate where the bomb went off sir."

Axle lets off a low growl and scrunches his face in irritation. Just then another bomb goes off shattering glass nearby. There are screams and I can here deep growls as someone cries.

"This is likely a rebel attack. I want you to take the Luna somewhere safe. I do not want you to leave her side at any time. I'm certain these foul little beings will be coming out soon with their guns. Let the others in here know and to prepare to shift in their battle form."

Noah gives a quick firm nod and begins to make a move towards me when Ava speaks up, "What about little old me? What if someone comes and takes me away or worse," she ends in a gasp, "blows me up!" 

Her Enforcer lets out a snarl and tugs her closer to him by the arm, "You will not get "blown up." You will go with Noah. Samantha will be with me and the other warriors protecting the pack. I expect you to behave and do not leave his sight, am I clear?"

"Crystal, wait what did you say?"

He lets out a growl and Axle gives his best sneer to her. He looks down at me one last time and puts both his hands on the sides of my face. He rubs his thumb over my cheek lightly touching my top lip. 

"I plan to act heroically for you and the pack. I expect a great prize for this later."

"What kind of prize?" I say nervously choking on a swallow.

"I will be taking that kiss that I have been owed for so long."

My eyes widen and a gasp is let out as he turns on his heels. I stare after him in shock and horror at his words. He has to be kidding right? I don't get enough time to think because Noah quickly ushers me away at the sound of another bomb being let off. 

"Come Luna we must go. Ava you too."

Before Noah can get to Ava the Enforcer pulls her away again, "You will guard her with your life. She will not be harmed on your watch Noah. I will not have it."

Noah lets out a growl and glares at him, "I will not let anything happen to either of them now go do your job and let me do mine."

With one last lingering glare Enforcer Garren walks off, following the direction of the Alpha. Ava and I are rushed down a set of stairs and pulled through different doors. We finally come to a corridor that is designed like a waiting room.