Chapter 8

My body began to quake against the door. I shifted my hand to the nob trying to twist it open to my freedom only to be stopped by a large warm hand encompassing mine. I felt the wolf graze his nose along my neck sniffing along the way. When he reached my ear, I felt him nip it with his teeth as if in retaliation for trying to leave again.

"Where do you think you're going? We have just only been reunited, it would be rude to try and escape so soon."

I could sense the anger in his voice, the need, the want. I bucked against him, trying to get him off, as silent tears ran down my face. He pressed his body against me even harder, if that were even possible, and groaned into my hair as I struggled more against him. Dread was coursing through my veins like lightning, and I knew he could sense it. He began to chuckle a deep, dark sardonic laugh.

"You're afraid of me," he sniffed my neck humming, "I use to hate that smell, but now? I kind of love it. It lets me know who is in charge. Who you belong to."

"I belong to no one!" I hiss out.

He flipped me around while still managing to pin me to the door. Even though the lights were off I could feel how close his face was. I could feel how badly he wanted to be with me, to bite me. I could feel how he wanted to consume me.

"God, you're so beautiful. I don't know if you know this, love, but you look absolutely divine."

Ignoring what he said, I ask him the real reason, the only reason I am here, "Where is she?" I demand.

"Oh, your little friend? She is none of your concern." He sneered.

"We had a deal! If I came you would spare her! You promised me proof!"

"I suppose I did, didn't I?"

I noticed his eyes glaze over as he began to stare off past me. Finally, after some time he looks down at me and says, "They will be coming to us shortly, but first, you will sit in that seat and will not move." He motions for me to go sit in the chair behind him, but I refuse to move. At my non-movement, he grunts his irritation and picks me up setting me down on the chair. As I start to move out of the chair, he slams me back down with his hand on my shoulder.

"Let me go!"

"This is not a game. When they come in here and you will sit. You will show our King respect and you will behave."

"Our King? I have no King." I tried to yank my shoulder out of his grasp, but he only tightened his pressure harder. As the slight pain I realized that he was not going to let me up, so I settled down. Peering up at him, I notice his face has taken a hard look to them. He's angry.

"Is she coming soon?"

"I said she was coming. Now sit and wait."

After waiting about thirty minutes I heard footsteps making their way towards us. They were hard as if they were rushing toward the door. In fear, I began to shrink backwards into the chair closer to the Alpha next to me. Finally, the rushing of footsteps stopped, and the door was shoved open.

As the door made contact with the wall, I saw Nicole with tears streaming down her face. Her face had shock and grief etched into it at the sight of me. She began to walk toward me but was stopped by a large arm coming around her torso. At the feel of the arm her whole body drained of any kind of life. She looked up at the wolf behind me and sneered at him. I looked between the two of them confused.

"Why is that man holding her?"

No one seemed to be able to answer me. The Alpha gave Nicole a leveled look as if awaiting her response but still no answer was given. "What is going on? Let her go!"