Chapter 51

I'm too stunned to speak as I look up at him. He's looking down at me but there's no anger. It's like he's just looking at me with the intent of memorizing my face. Like he's just appreciating it. My breathes come out in short shaking motions and I can see my breath in the night air. Axle can see this too and his face scrunches up in concern. He checks over my body for any scratches and then looks back up at my face. I can see it in his eyes when he sees the bruises that Samuel left on me, a thunderous look takes over and I know he's going to be out for blood. Instead of letting anger influence him he softens his gazes and begins to talk to me.

"Are you hurt?" He says gruffly.

I shake my head and look at him in awe. I'm not really sure what's happening right now or what I'm even feeling I just know that I'm not scared. He gives me a quick nod as his response and then swiftly picks me up and has me in a bridal style position. I let out a yelp at the sudden movement and he ends up holding me closer to his chest at the sound. I can feel the heat from his body radiating off of him and when I go to look up at his eyes I can see that he is still not angry.

"I...I can walk." I say.

"Do you truly believe that I will let you?"

I don't answer him and don't make a fuss as he holds me in his arms. He makes his way in the direction of where Aiden and Garren went but doesn't run but rather walks leisurely as if we have all the time in the world. Our route begins in silence as we make our way over to the field where the others, but is soon interrupted by Axles gruff voice.

"Who hurt you?"

Startled at his voice and confused on how to answer him I stumble over my words, "I- I mean...you must already know right."

He gives me a slight nod but I can tell that this conversation is upsetting to him. His face in tight and I can sense that he is angered, but not at me for some reason.

"I do, but I want you to tell me?" He says, voice getting deeper.

"Why?"

"My wolf and I demand it."

There he goes again with the demanding. I let out a sigh and look off into the distance, my thoughts start to wonder to Ava and how she is doing. I hope she stays gone. I hope she lets herself be happy.

I'm jostled out of my thoughts at Axles commanding tone, "Give me the name Adelaide."

I look over to him and in a calm manner I tell him it was Samuel. His body doesn't tense like how I thought it would and he doesn't sprint to go decapitate Samuel or do unspeakable things to him. Instead he nods and continues walking to where the others are.

By the time we make it back though no one is there. The field has been cleared out but I can tell that from a distance there are still others nearby. I look to Axle and give him a questioning look and when he looks at me I'm unable to tell what he's feeling.

"How long?" Axle asks finally.

"How long what?"

"How long were you watching?"

My facial features turn wide as I look at him, "What do you mean?" I know what he means though. I've known it since the minute he asked.

"After we found the exit you and the other two males had taken we followed your scent to your location. We were able to smell that you were there for a while. So, how long were you there for."

"A while." I say lowly.

"Did you see Samuel?" He asks with a strained voice.

I look him over apprehensively and nod my head. He's quiet for some time and as we get closer to the other people I can hear some of their screams along with some resistance.