Chapter 18

A Month. Thats how long I've been here. I didn't even realize I had been here this long till Noah told me during one of our sessions. Emily and Noah had only been teaching me for the past few days and at first it felt more like a burden than a gift to be taught about the people who had taken over my life. It was also a struggle to interact with Noah and Emily in the beginning but as time went on, I got more and more comfortable with their presence and while I still don't trust them, it's nice to have this time out in the day where I'm not couped up in the room stewing in my own depression.

Noah's instructions became invaluable to me as time went on. He taught me about the preceding that took place shortly after the werewolf's took over, as well as some of the laws that are already in place in the country. Emily has been going over pack origins and other Continental Alphas, since one of my acts as Luna will be to acquaint myself with the Alphas and their respective Luna's. We haven't really delved into my position here as Luna and I still haven't been given any jobs or responsibilities yet. Emily says that she and the other higher females have taken it upon themselves to help with those duties till I am fit enough to do them myself, but to be quite frank I don't want it at all. It will just be something to tie me down and I don't plan on staying.

I still haven't spoken to Nicole. According to Axle, she is still under punishment and continues to disobey the King and "will not be able to interact with others till he deems fit." It kills me that I can't talk to her. To see how she's doing and make sure she okay...that we'll be okay. I asked Noah to tell me some things about mates and some of the culture and laws concerning them, but he won't answer besides basic information. He told me that when the Alpha schemed with the King to get me here that mates were sacred and depending on the position of the werewolf, would also depend on the kind of actions taken. While it is not unheard of for mates to be executed for treason it is far more likely that they are stripped of their autonomy, though Noah would not go into detail on how this would happen.

"Luna? Luna, are you listening?"

I looked over to the voice and noticed that Noah had a look of concern etching his features. We had just been discussing the importance of roles and responsibilities each werewolf held in their title. He had droned on about his role in the security of the pack lines and defenses when I drifted off.

He sighed loudly and shook his head, "I'm sorry Luna. I realize how boring today's topic may seem, but it is important you know this information for when you take over your Luna duties."

I raised my brow, "And what exactly are those duties?"

"You know that I cannot tell you. The Alpha has given Emily and I clear instructions on what we are supposed to be teaching you. If you wish to have more topics added in, you must speak to him."

No, thank you. If I can keep my interactions with him to a minimum that will be all the more helpful for when I leave.

There was a standoffish silence between the both of us before he began to pack some of his things up to leave. In a panic I reached over and grabbed his arm, fingernails digging deep into his arm. He looked at me with a confused concerned expression and lightly place his hand on mine to peel my fingers off.

"Luna please let go. Axle would not like you touching me."

I snatched my hand away and sneered at his reply. "This is Ridiculous."

I looked over at him and gave him a pointed look as I continued with my tirade, "You told me I wasn't alone. That you were here for me, yet at every turn you have acted like I am just an extension of Axle. Sure, your friendly to me but beyond that you haven't actually been my friend!"

Realization seemed to dawn on him as his eyes widened, "I-I'm sorry Luna. I thought I was doing better. I didn't want to jump down your throat with any actions you may not like. I thought taken the softer approach would help you. What-What can I do to change this."