Chapter 28

I wake up well rested, not alone, and confused. What happened last night? I remember coming home and feeling scared of Axle's mood. I remember him holding me and I even remember that whole rumble thing that came out of him, but I sure didn't remember being so tired that I needed to rest immediately. Sure, the hike was exhausting, but on the car ride back I was all better minus a bit of soreness. I want to get up, but I realize that I'm held down by a bulky arm laid across my waist and I'm tucked tight under Axle's chin with his legs wrapped around mine.

Did I wake up really early? He's usually gone before I wake up. I look over to the window and see that the sun is up and shining and while I can't see the alarm clock, I'm pretty sure it's still morning but way too late for him to be here. With apprehension, I shake his arm to wake him up. I'm met with a groan and am pulled back into in chest even more.

"You're going to be late for work. Actually, I think you already are."

"Mmmm," Axle rubs his nose against my head taking in a deep exhale, "I'm taking the day off. I wanted to spend time with you."

Hiding my disappointment I ask him, "Can you do that?"

"I am the Alpha Commander. I can do whatever I want."

"Oh."

He snuggles his body into mine even further and caresses my hair with his nose. "I can't entice you to go back to sleep again, can I?"

I shake my head lightly, "No, I'm awake already," and very reluctant to spend the day with you.

He groans out his annoyance but doesn't let me up. I lay there with him for a while before I start to get irritated with boredom of laying here. He seems to recognize this and lets out a reluctant sigh.

"I suppose we can start our day."

He lets me out of his arms, and I book it to the restroom without looking at him once. I take longer getting myself ready and even longer in the shower. It's not until I've spent nearly two hours in the restroom that I realize I have no clothes with me. I contemplate putting on my dirty ones from yesterday but feel uncomfortable at the idea. I guess I have no choice but to go out there. I open the door slightly and call out to Axle.

"Hey... are you out there?"

"Where else would I be?" I can tell by his tone he's smiling.

"Right well I forgot my clothes out there in the closest and I need them."

"Did you want me to get them for you."

He's done it before. Picked out my clothes when I first got here, but somehow, the idea of him touching my underwear terrifies me. They're new and maybe I can keep them from being tainted by him. That and I don't want him to know what I'm wearing underneath. It's too intimate, especially for where we are at in our...relationship.

"No, can you turn around? I'll run out of the restroom and grad them."

"Are you sure? I can just get them for you. I do not mind."

"No! Just can you turn around, please? And don't turn back around until I tell you."

"Of course, love. Anything for you."

Except for my freedom or autonomy.

I peak my head to look through the small opening of the door to see his back turned. He listened. I can't pretend that I'm not surprised because I am. I creak the door open a bit more and take a slow step out of the restroom. I look up from my foot to Axle to see him still turned around. I clutch the towel to my body just in case he does turn around and see me. I pray he keeps his word. I continue to make slow steps and checking to see if he will turn around, but he doesn't. I'm startled out of my continuous motions by his voice.