~.+A New Year+.~

~.+*+.~

"Don't forget Lumi!!"

Everyone was busy, and (Y/N) was packing her things for the new year. She grabbed Lumi (her owl)'s cage and carefully strapped it in her trolley. She got dressed in a casual outfit and brushed her messy (H/C) hair.

It was going to be a new year at Hogwarts for (Y/N). She was a pure-blood Slytherin family, and was quite well known for her pure blooded bloodline. But honestly, she didn't care about bloodlines and liked everyone, not bothering if her friends were a pure blood or not.

Then, her mum and dad came up to (Y/N) and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"Come back at the Summer Holidays, okay? And you do remember that your father and I are going to Norway at the Winter Holidays, right?"

(Y/N) nodded at her mum's words. "Yeah, I know. Does that mean I can bring some of my friends home and hang out?"
Her father nodded and patted her back. "It's getting late. Have a great time at Hogwarts, dear."

(Y/N) nodded and grabbed her trolley.

"Bye Mum! Bye Dad!" (Y/N) waved cheerfully as she walked out of her house with her luggage. Her parents waved before the door shut, and (Y/N) headed to the station.

Fifth year already...(Y/N) wasn't ready for this at all. She now had O.W.Ls ahead of her, but the only good thing about going back to school was meeting her friends. Lily Evans, Molly Prewett, James Potter, Remus Lupin and many others. As she arrived at the station, she pulled her trolley between the 9 and 10 platform and ran towards the wall.

She went straight through it and saw the mighty Hogwarts Express getting ready to bring the students to Hogwarts. (Y/N) put her luggage at the back of the train and prepared to go inside, but she then saw something on the floor between the feet of many students.

It was a battered, black leathered diary, and its corners were tipped with gold.

She saw the name 'Tom Marvolo Riddle' embedded on the diary. The name was quite familiar to her, since he was in the same year and House as her. She picked up the diary and brushed the dust off, before hopping onboard the Hogwarts Express. The train started to move, and they were now heading to their school.
(Y/N) examined the battered diary with interest.

As much as she wanted to look inside the mysterious diary, she felt like the owner would not leave her be if she did.
She went around the compartments, hoping to find the owner and return his diary to him.
At last, she saw a tall, handsome, and cold-looking student sitting alone in a compartment in his Slytherin robes.

'Why is he so uselessly handsome?'
(Y/N) thought, pouting as she knocked on the compartment door.
"...Come in." His monotonous voice beckoned her to enter, and (Y/N) entered his compartment cautiously. Tom looked up at her in slight confusion.