~.+The Yule Ball+.~

~.+*+.~

"Ahh! Do you think Arthur will like my dress?!" Molly cried, twirling around in her beautiful dress. (Y/N) smiled comfortingly, while Lily was too busy brushing her hair.

"He'll love it, Molly." (Y/N) reassured her, flattening out her own dress. Lily nodded as she run a hand through her wavy, ginger hair.
"I'll kill him if he doesn't." she joked, making Molly laugh. (Y/N) snickered before looking at the clock.

It was 7:51PM. Almost 8PM. (Y/N) calmed down her thumping heart and headed to the Great Hall with Lily and Molly. The Great Hall was beautiful. It had an icy atmosphere, and snow was falling from the ceiling in a romantic (?) sort of way.

 It had an icy atmosphere, and snow was falling from the ceiling in a romantic (?) sort of way

(Y/N) saw many other students in pretty dresses and good-looking suits talking to each other. The Professors also looked quite fancy, but (Y/N) couldn't seem to find Tom in the crowd.

"Welcome, ladies." James smirked, as he saw the three of them enter the Great Hall. James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter were all in handsome suits, and wore a slight smile on their faces.

"Do you want us to get some drinks for ya?" Remus chuckled, but looking serious. Molly shrugged, but Lily looked eager.
"Yes please." James immediately straightened himself up.

"Your wish is my command." he purred, before walking away to get her drink. Molly and (Y/N) didn't want any drinks, and all the students patiently waited for dance time.

At last, calm but elegant music started to come out and one by one, the students started to ask their date to dance. James held Lily's hand, while Arthur almost dragged Molly out onto the dance floor.

(Y/N) looked at them teasingly as they danced together in harmony, their moves matching the beautiful music. Then, someone tapped her on the shoulder. (Y/N) looked around expecting to see Tom, but saw Luke instead.

"Do you want to dance?" he offered, holding out his hand. (Y/N) shook her head politely.
"No thank you." she murmured. But Luke frowned.
"I don't see your date." he stated. "So please, dance with me."

Just about when Luke was about to hold her hand, another hand slapped it away and a figure stood in front of (Y/N) protectively. Tom.
Tom snarled and looked at Luke in pure disgust.

"I am her date." he spat bitterly, glaring at Luke with anger burning in his eyes. Luke flinched and scowled, before going back into the crowd. Tom sighed before turning around to face her.

"Thank you, Tom." she said. "I owe you one."

Then, (Y/N) gasped. Tom looked so..charming and handsome. He wore a black suit with a white shirt under the black blazer, with the dandelion keychain she had gifted to him tucked in his blazer pocket.

(Y/N) blushed and looked at him nervously.

"Sh-shall we dance..?" she stammered, her face going red. Tom smiled warmly and took her hand, before kissing it softly like a gentleman.