~.+Potions+.~

~.+*+.~

RINGGGG!!!!!

"Oh my God!!!" (Y/N) woke up, completely startled. The alarm clock had surely done its job on waking its owner up. (Y/N) yawned and stretched her limbs, before changing into her robes.

She picked up the books that she needed to study, before heading out of the Slytherin common room to head to the library. As she entered, she saw several students already studying before her.

(Y/N) yawned before sitting down reluctantly on a table and started to read some books about Potions

Yes, she was reading the Basics. To be honest, Potions was the hardest subject for her to understand.

As (Y/N) skimmed through the Basics of Potion Making, she noticed someone sit at the same table as her. She looked up from her book and saw a student no other than Tom Riddle.

She saw that Tom was reading more advanced versions of the Potion books, so she got a cheeky idea. (Y/N) didn't care that they weren't even close, so she set down her book and headed over to Tom. She stood beside his chair and poked him on the shoulder. Tom was quite startled, but quickly recomposed himself.

"(Y/N) (L/N) was it? What do you need?" Tom asked her bluntly. (Y/N) fiddled with her hair, kind of nervous.
"Could you teach me..? I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to Potions." she muttered, staring at the floor. Tom stared at her before looking away.

"I see no reason why I should help you when I should be focusing on my own studies." he snapped, before returning to his book. (Y/N) was unfazed by his harsh reply. She thought carefully. How was she going to make him accept her offer?

"Hm...I could tell you useful information." she suggested, managing to earn Tom's attention.
"Excuse me?"
"I'm an Animagi. I can sneak around anywhere and tell you whatever you want to hear." (Y/N) explained, running a hand through her hair. Tom then stood up from his chair and scribbled something on a piece of paper. He then tossed it to her before leaving the library.

Meet me at the library. After all of your classes.

(Y/N) smirked triumphantly before sitting back down at her seat and continued to study. She had gotten Riddle to teach her, and she was quite curious to see how it was going to end. (Y/N) studied in the library for about an hour, before tidying her books and started to get ready for her first class.

Potions.

The class (Y/N) disliked the most. It was complicated, and all the ingredients were so complicated for her. As she entered the classroom, she saw that the Slytherins were going to listen to class with the HufflePuffs. It was a better collaboration than with the Gryffindors, since they were rival Houses.

(Y/N) sat next to an empty seat next to a Slytherin boy she had never seen before. She would have prefered to sit next to Tom, but the seat next to him was already taken by a Slytherin girl. (Y/N) didn't feel jealous. Just...weird.

Her thoughts were snapped out as the Professor entered the classroom. He took attendance before starting the class. He spoke a language that (Y/N) couldn't understand. The language of Potions.
As he handed out some ingredients for the pair of students to measure, the Slytherin boy next to her did all the work, as (Y/N) had no idea what to do.

He measured all the ingredients and put them into the boiling cauldron that was in front of them. The potion looked purple in colour, and (Y/N) wondered if her partner had gotten all the measuring right. As the Professor skimmed through all the cauldrons, he stopped at theirs. He grinned and patted the boy on his back.

"Excellent work, Hakalni (Made up Slytherin sirname)." (Y/N) wasn't surprised that the Professor hadn't said anything to her. She wasn't good at his subject anyways. But honestly, (Y/N) didn't care.
"We are done too, Professor." Tom raised his hand and the Professor came trotting his way. As he looked at Tom and the girl's cauldron, he clapped in pure happiness.

"Fantastic, Tom! Perfect as always." Tom lifted his head at the Professor's praise, and the girl next to him squealed in excitement. (Y/N) scoffed, envying Tom's skills in Potions and in literally every other subject they had. As class ended, (Y/N) weaved in and out of the other students pouring out of the classroom, and managed to find herself next to Tom.

"Your skills were...good." she huffed, grabbing his attention. Tom didn't turn to look at her, and only hummed lowly in reply.
"I guess you now know the reason why I want you to teach me." (Y/N) added, not wanting to end the conversation. Tom finally then turned to look at her, his face showing absolutely no emotion at all.

"I'm only doing this because of the deal." he said in a rather cold voice, before stepping ahead of her to go to the next class. (Y/N) raised her eyebrow before following him to their next class eagerly. (Y/N) never had a Slytherin friend, so it wasn't strange for her to get excited. But she didn't know if Tom considered her as a friend, too. But (Y/N) swatted the negative thoughts away, and followed him to their next class.

As she took all her classes, all (Y/N) could think about was her upcoming lesson with the mysterious boy. She was intrigued by his actions and voice, making her wanting to know more about him. She didn't care if Tom considered her a stalker; she just wanted to befriend him.
He didn't seem like he had any friends, so she might as well become one.

After all her classes, (Y/N) grabbed some of her books and headed to the library in a good mood. She went there early, and sat down at the exact same place as she did this morning, and waited patiently for Tom to arrive. She also scribbled in her notes and imagined crazy things.

About dead chickens, about Tom somehow turning into a bald villain, and much more. It was fun. Then, (Y/N) saw Tom entering the library with a few books in his hands. As he saw her, he walked towards her and sat next to her. He opened the Potion textbooks and showed it to her.

"What part do you not understand?"

(Y/N) ruffled up her hair.
"Would you kill me if I said that I can't understand any of it?" Tom blinked, slightly caught off guard by her confident reply. He then sighed and flipped the pages to the very beginning. "Alright. Where shall we begin?"

Studying with Tom was quite difficult, having to catch up to his level of intelligence. But surprisingly, Tom was quite patient with her, telling her what she had done wrong calmly and in a soft voice. As they finished revising the whole textbook, (Y/N) yawned and stretched her legs. Tom closed the book and put it on the shelf.

"We shall continue tomorrow." Tom muttered, before preparing to leave the library. But (Y/N) quickly ran in front of him and blocked his path.
"Do you not remember the deal? I thought that I had to give you some information or something."

Tom's eyes pierced into (Y/N)'s, but she didn't look away. Tom gently brushed her aside, and walked towards the exit.
"I do not need anything as of now. Just because I haven't said anything, it doesn't mean I have forgotten our deal."
He then left the library, leaving (Y/N) alone. (Y/N) pouted sadly, but then saw a note in between her notebook.
She opened it eagerly, and saw a note written in neat handwriting.

Meet me here tomorrow. Same place, same time.

~.+*+.~

2023/4/13

1339 Words