~.+The Chamber of Secrets+.~

~.+*+.~

(Y/N) yawned as she woke up on her bed. She remembered that she had went to Hogsmeade and bought Tom's gift yesterday. She had hidden the present in her drawer.

Today was Sunday, and she put on her clothes and went down to the Slytherin Common room in a happy mood. She saw Tom sitting on a green sofa reading the book he had bought from Hogsmeade yesterday.

"Good morning, Tom." she greeted him, yawning once again. Tom nodded briefly and returned to his book, not saying a single word while doing so.

He looked more monotonous than usual, so (Y/N) plucked up the courage to sit next to him on the sofa. He didn't turn to look at her. Instead, he inched away from her. (Y/N) frowned, but didn't complain. Perhaps they weren't that close yet.

She leaned back on the sofa and forced a grin on her face. "Do you have any plans today? 'Cause I don't."
Tom set down his book and looked at her, the sudden coldness in his eyes making (Y/N) freeze. Was his gaze always that unfamiliar and cold?

"Is something wrong?" she asked cautiously, looking at him with worried eyes. Tom hastily looked away and hissed.
"Please, leave. I do not want to face you right now." (Y/N) was flabbergasted, but she obeyed and left the Slytherin common room. She was confused by his sudden change of mood and behaviour, but didn't question it.

He was known for being bipolar, anyways.

(Y/N) walked through the corridor alone to go to the Great Hall for the feast. She entered the hall and sat next to Severus at the Slytherin table. Severus payed no attention to her as he was too busy staring at Lily who was sitting next to Molly and James at the Gryffindor table.

"Why don't you go talk to her?" (Y/N) suggested as she nibbled on some toast. Severus sighed, and stared at his plate.
"I can't. At least, not anymore."

"Why not?"
Severus hesitated, and looked away with gloomy, black eyes.

"I called her a mudblood."
(Y/N) instantly flinched and looked at him in shock. "Why would you do that? I thought you cared about her!"
Severus bit his lip.
"I...regret saying it, to say the least." he answered, avoiding her actual question.

(Y/N) stirred a spoon in her hot chocolate, and sighed heavily.
"Well...you should apologize." Severus then got up from the table.
"I'll take care of the problem myself." he said, and left the hall. This time, Lily didn't glance at Severus.

(Y/N) looked at him in pity. She then noticed Tom enter the hall, earning the attention of many female students. Some of them stood up from their tables and trailed over to walk beside him, all having big smiles on their faces.

Tom smiled at them charmingly, but
(Y/N) could read the slight disgust written on his face.

'What a two-faced snake.' she thought, but her face slightly went red.
'A uselessly handsome snake.' She shook her head and blocked out her embarrassing thoughts.

Tom walked beside the girls and sat down at the Slytherin table, the girls sitting next to him. (Y/N) rolled her (E/C) eyes and drank her hot chocolate all in one go. Was she jealous? No.

Not. At. All.

(Y/N) then got up from the table and left the hall, even though she had barely eaten anything but half of a toast. She walked through the corridor only to find herself stopped by Tom as he grabbed her wrist.

She turned around as he let go, and saw Tom holding a red apple in his hand. He put it in her hands, before turning his back to her. He then left without an explanation for his actions and sudden change in behaviour. (Y/N) stared at him in slight confusion, but shrugged and took a bite out of her apple.