Company

"Come on Liam pick up your stupid phone!"

I groaned as I lay in bed with the phone next to my ear trying to make sure I was updated on wether everyone was either dead or about to die because that's what the situation normally is.

"Hey Max."
"Baby face! How hard is it to pick up a god damn phone!" I scolded at him and I could practically see the eye roll.

"Yeah well we're a little busy."
"Yeah and I'm really bored."

"I gotta go-"
"Cut the phone and I'll use your fir as my carpet." I stopped him before he could and I heard him laugh a little.

"Love you Max."

"Wait wait let me talk to her." I heard Scott say on the other line and I took that as my way to end the call.
"Bye baby face. Don't die."

He calls me, he starts talking, I think I want to forgive him. Then I can't be mad. And being mad... really fun.

"Hey kid." Dad walked in leaning against my doorway his hands in his pockets just as bored as me.

"I can't help, and it's killing me. Like actually killing me." I groaned complaining and dad nodded knowing the feeling since he was run out of his own station.

"Yeah I know how you feel." He sighed walking in sitting on my bed as he stared over at me.
"I was actually thinking you'd be better staying at Melissa's." Dad told me and I looked at him confused.

"What?"

"Keep each other company, she's going just as crazy." Dad suggested and I actually liked that idea. I haven't talked to Melissa in a whole while.

"But she's mostly recovered, she wasn't as bad as you but she's been going to physio and doing her excersizes." He told me kind of telling me of since I haven't really got up from my bad ever since I got shot.

"Hey! I'm almost if not fully recovered!" I complained trying to lie myself out of it. "Yeah, sure you are kid."

"Maybe you can get some rest too. I can tell you haven't been sleeping."
"It's hard to sleep alone dad." I sighed telling him and he nodded understanding.

And if I go Melissa's we can bond over being shot.
That's the most stupidest thing I've heard.

~

"Max, honey. You been napping for a while. Your not going to be able to sleep in the night."

I felt two hands on my shoulder and I heard her but I didn't want to open my eyes to tired to wake up.
"Your bed, crazy comfortable."
My voice croaked as I finally opened my eyes.

Melissa was bent down looking down at me with a smile.
"I know, being single means I enjoy it every day." She told me with a grin and she sat down next to me.

"I'm sorry I didn't keep you company, but if anything blame your bed because I tried napping for hours at home, but the minute my head met your pillow-"

"Oh I know the feeling. Plus I felt safe knowing someone else was home." She shrugged and I pressed my lips into a smile looking up at her.

"Seriously? I can hardly run and you think your safe." I joked and she let out a laugh nodding.
"Sometimes silence is the best company."

We both looked at each other for another moment as I used my strength to sit myself up.
"So I hear you and Scott..."

"Oh yeah. We, well it's....I don't know what to say because your his mom."

"No I get it. Someone just died and you needed space." Melissa basically took the words out my mouth and I scoffed surprised.

"Um yeah exactly that."