Family Reunion

"Scott where are you going?!"

I limped after him trying to catch up as he grabbed his jacket. "There's someone I gotta meet." He told me and I heard the front door open and I looked at him confused.

Melissa is at the hospital. Im kinda recovered, well me and Scott worked on trying to help me not need my crutches anymore all day.

He had his back turned to the door and I already knew who that was most likely gonna be. But I stared waiting to see who was gonna walk in.

"Oh yeah because that's gonna make me trust you!"

Malia stood in the middle of the room behind Scott and he slowly exhaled. "It's just something we have to do."

"What is this something might I ask?" I folded my arms giving a more taunting tone and he sighed.

"We're meeting with Duecalian. Learning how to fight blind." He told me and I raised my eyes at him.
"The I am death destroyer of worlds, demon wolf guy! That Duecalian?!"

"He's helped us before Max." Scott sighed and it's not even about Duecalian. It's about her.
I let silence take over whilst I stared at the two of them as they both stiffened as they stared at me.

"Your dropping me of home." I walked past the two of them heading to the Jeep sitting in. "And your not taking this Jeep there." This is still my brothers Jeep last time I checked.

"Okay." He agreed and I just turned my head to him staring at him trying to figure out how this idiot is so weirdly perfect.

"Why are you so patient with me?!" Yes I'm starting another argument because he just lets me have my way. Like unless I want to kill someone he always lets me have my way.

"What? Max what are we arguing about now?" Scott sighed turning his head to me for a second with a smile on his face.

"Don't smile! I could be totally unreasonable, and you still can't be mad at me?!"

"Maxine, look at me, okay? It's not that bad that I can't be mad at you. I can be annoyed, but never mad." He told me as he reached out for my hand lacing our fingers together.

"Okay well I'm still mad at you." I rolled my eyes turning my head away from him looking out the window.

"Yeah...then why are you still holding my hand?" I could practically see the grin on his face.
"You know why."

We spent the rest of the journey in silence as he finally parked outside my house. He got our first and I opened my door as he helped me out.

He placed his hand on my back and I unlocked the door limping into my home and he stood right beside me.

"Malia is waiting in her car for me." Scott sighed and hearing him say her name made my stomach drop.
Just when he says it.
I just instantly think of how I opened that door and I saw them.
And he realised from the way I had stiffened.

"Come on don't do that." He told me and I ran my hand through my hair so frustrated.
"Do what?" I tried to play it of.

"I know where your mind goes." He placed both his hands on either cheek holding my face softly in his hands.

"I, love, you. And only, you."

"Yeah so much that you let me get shot." I told him trying to make the room brighter.
"Maxine." He sighed and I bit my lip knowing he was serious about it.

"Scott...it's hard-"
"I know. Okay? I know." He nodded along and I heard the horn going off outside.
"I should probably..." Scott trailed of looking towards the door as he started to walk away.