C H A P T E R 63

My dad and I talked for a good half an hour before I decided to go check on Kiara and Kai. They were too quiet for my liking.

I got inside the kitchen and found Mary, one of the helpers around the house putting away dishes. "Hey mary did you happen to see two little people running around here ? They are like really short."

"The little boy and girl ?" She asked and I nodded. "They went upstairs."

What are they even doing upstairs ? I mumbled as I went up the stairs. I really should be mad at them for not staying in the car like instructed, but they actually made things easier. This is like the third time an attempt to confess by myself backfired. And this time I didn't even delay so I'd come clean at the right time. I immidietly came here after I decided to tell the truth, but that's just my life right ?

"GET AWAY FROM ME! I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU COME ANY CLOSER, I'LL CALL THE POLICE!" Max yelled from his room.

I immediately took out my gun from the thigh holster and neared his door.

"Come down we won't hurt you!" I heard a giggle. Kiara.

I rolled my eyes as I put away my gun, opening the door. Max was standing up on the bed, a comb in his hand as a weapon pointing at Kiara and Kai who were laughing hysterically. Max's face was painted all over, concealers on his cheeks, red lipstick all around his mouth, pink lipstick on his eyebrows, eyebrow pencil on his nose, all in all, he looked ridiculous.

"Blue, I don't know how these little monsters got in here, or who they came with...I woke up and found them on top of me, and if that's not worse, look at what they did to my face." He pointed the comb at the twins. "Don't get any closer!"

I failed to contain my smile and let out a chuckle, looking between the three of them.

"We were playing with you uncle Max." Kiara said in a sweet voice. "We're not monsters. Monsters are big, and we're little."

"For the hundredth time, I'm not your uncle." He looked at me for help. "They even know my name."

"Okay Max can you get down from the bed so we could talk ? I promise, they'll behave." I told him and he looked like he wasn't having any of that. What did they do to him ?

"Talk. I'm fine standing here."

"Coward." Kai laughed and I gave him a glare.

"Max you are they're uncle. These little monsters are mine." I said and he stared at me. Like really stare.

He chuckled shaking his head. "I don't understand."

"Can you come down ? It's really weird talking to you while you're standing like that."

He slowly got down from the bed looking at Kiara and Kai, as if waiting for them to attack.

I sat with him on the bed. "Max this is Kiara, my daughter and Kai, my son."

"I still don't understand, did you adopt-"

"They are mine and Kenny's kids, not adopted. I hid them for the past four years."

I looked at Max's dumbfounded expression waiting for a response. He looked confused and the shock was settling in.

"You-you..." He looked between the twins and me. "You have kids ?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"And you hid this from me ?" He raised his eyebrows. It wasn't confusion anymore, hurt was the word to describe his state of mind.