FOUR

If i'm being honest my mind has been everywhere lately. I've had to much going on with Billy, My mom, and Casey.

All this sudden attention didn't do me any good. I had only reason to keep trying and that was for my mother. This special attention wasn't doing me any good.

She had always told me I wasn't good enough wether it was because of my grades, looks, and even my performance in general.

But most importantly she worried about my social life. Casey had a perfect social life and with her no longer in my life it made my mother worry.

She worried day and night of who would be the next Casey when a idea popped into her head. That idea being I would be the new Casey.

I waved my mom goodbye as I walked into school. Again all eyes on me as I walked, we got stared, pointed and yelled at the whole ride to school.

I quickly notice Sidney, Tatum, Billy, and Stu all sitting at our usual spot by the fountain. I quickly run up to them.

"Hey guys" I say giving them a smile. They all snap their heads to me stopping there conversation with one another.

"Hey!" Tatum says as she sat in Stu's lap. I take a seat in between Tatum and Sid. I listen to them ramble as I space out.

"So Claire word has it your the new Casey" Stu says getting a nudge from Tatum. "What? it's just a question it isn't hurting anyone now is it sweet cheek" he says smirking.

"Come on we all know she can't top Casey" Randy says appearing from no where. I give him a hard glare squinting my eyes at him.

"You guys are acting like she didn't just die a few days ago" Tatum says speaking up for me. I give her a smile.

"If anyone's the new Casey it had to be Tatum sorry Casey" Sidney speaks up as she rests her head on her knees.

"Are we really competing right now?-" I ask being cut off by Randy. "It isn't much of a competition if your loosing now is it Claire" he says laughing.

I feel my head exploding as I get up. "You guys are all insensitive! she died just 3 days ago." I say as I run away.

I hear Tatum call my name out and than Stu yelling at Randy. But I didn't care, Casey was my friend and them talking about her like that was just mean.

I make my way to class not bothering to stop by my locker. I had class with Billy for English, and one of my other friends.

I was pretty excited to see her knowing she would be here today. Another one of my friends my mom approved of was Scarlet.

Her mom and my mom were good friends they trusted each other as much as a person possibly could.

I take my seat beside her as she scribbles something down on paper. She closes her notebook to look at me.

"Hey Claire" she says as she places her arm on the desk leaning on it. I could tell she was tired. "Did your mom make you stay up again?"

She gives me a nod. "I was up all night with her and her little book club" she tells me as I remember why my mom was late yesterday.