EIGHT

The thought of me having to stay in Tatums house drove me crazy. Sure i've stayed there before when I was younger but that was whenever my parents fought. I knew their fight didn't last long either.

But god knows how long the killer was going to stay in this town. I packed a small bag with a bunch of clothes of mine.

Me and my mom had gotten into a really bad fight earlier that night when she broke the news to me. I had told her I didn't wanna go and how I hated she was being selfish in a moment like this.

This caused her to beat the living hell out of me. When I tell you I didn't have a moment to even think twice I meant it.

The worst part is my father heard the whole thing. I gained a few bruises and scratches from what my mom had done to me.

They were never anything to bad, I threw my bag on and headed downstairs where my mom stood in the kitchen with her keys in hand.

She saw me and we headed outside into the car. "Remember your gonna be kind and respectful, try helping out the best you can"

I nod as my bag sits in between my legs. "Oh and I told Tatums mom that you make an excellent breakfast so be sure to make some in the morning"

I let out a small sigh. My mom set me up for a lot of things when I was younger without asking for my permission it really sucked.

She signed me up for ballet lessons when I was 5, I was stuck doing ballet for about a year before the instructor grew worried because of my bruises.

My mom made me stay up late practicing for hours and hours on end. Anytime I messed up she would hit me with a ruler behind my knee.

She parked in front of her driveway as I opened the door getting out. I waved at her as I rang the doorbell.

The door opened and I saw Tatums brother Dewy. "Hey Claire, Bye Mrs Jean!" Dewy shouted as my mom smiled at him waving.

I walked inside as Dewy closed the door "Tatum and Sidney are upstairs if you need anything i'm here" he told me and I smiled at him.

"Thank you Dewy it means a lot to me" He nods and walks away as I make my way up the stairs. I open the door and I see Tatum squealing when she sees me.

"Claire! i'm so happy you made it" She tells me smiling ear to ear. I see Sidney who smiles at me and I smile back.

Tatum notices the bruises on my face and touches it causing me to whimper "Are you okay? how did you get hurt".

"Oh well you know I was gardening and a shovel hit me right in the face" I say laughing a bit hoping to lighten up the mood.

Tatum let's out a giggle "Like in the cartoons" She grabs my hand and goes to sit on her bed. "So me and Sid were just talking about her and Randy" She told me wiggling her eyebrows.

"And i've been telling Tatum that me and him won't work out because he seems like he has eyes for someone else" Sidney says as she lays on her back.

"Who else would he have eyes for?" I ask bringing my knees to my chest. Tatum plays with a stuffed animal while I wait for Sids answer.

Dewy opens the door and Tatum immediately turns around "Dewy! you're supposed to knock" She yells at him.

"Sorry it's just someone's on the phone for Claire" Dewy says and I get up off the bed walking into the hallway.

Dewy hands me the phone and walks away. "Hello?" I say as I stand in the hallway. "Hello Claire" The voice brought back unhappy memories.

Memories from the night of Casey's murder. I don't say anything as my breathing becomes heavy it felt like the walls were closing in on me.

"Why so silent cat got your tongue?" I try not to cry as I feel myself choke on my tears. "leave me alone!" I yell.

I hear there faint laugh in the mic causing me to cry but out loud this time. "Come on don't be such a sore loser"

"Leave me alone! if you try anything i'll kill you!" I yell as my voice echos throughout the house. Tears stream down my face as Tatum, Sid, and Dewy appear.

I fall into Sidney's arms as the phone drops onto the floor. "What happen I heard screaming!" Dewy says as he holds a gun in his hand.

"he was on the phone Dewy —" I cry harder into Sidney's arm. Sidney keeps her arms wrapped around me as she rubs my back.

"it's gonna be okay we won't let them hurt you or Sid." Tatum said as she picked up the phone handing it to Dewy.

Her response made me happy inside. I hope whoever this sick fuck was left me and Sidney alone.

sorry for the short chapter 😕😕