SIX

I waited and waited as the school bell rang. If I was being honest it felt like it would take longer than expected. I rushed out of class grabbing my things.

My heart pounded as I picked up my speed to my locker. I wasn't going to try waiting for Tatum and them.

If I was a target it could make them a target too. "Claire!" I hear Randy say making me pout my lips looking down at my locker.

I close it and flip my head to Randy. "Hey Randy" I tell him. He smiles at me and I pass him a small smile as well.

"You're not mad at me from —" I knit my eyebrows together rolling my eyes at him letting a small laugh escape from my mouth.

"No silly! I can't be mad at you for that long" I tell him titling my head to the side. He flashes me a smile.

"Do you mind coming with me to work? just until my shift is done I swear i'll pay you back I don't know who else to take and consider this an opportunity you can't miss out on" he tells me licking his lips.

I pretend to make a thinking gesture putting my pointer finger on my chin tapping it. I let go and simply nodding.

"Alright let's head there right now" he tells me and I nod as he drags me to the store.

When we make it to the store Randy goes behind the counter and talks with a employee that works there letting them to leave.

Randy goes in the back putting on his uniform there was a chair that spinner and had wheels which I sat down as Randy did whatever he did.

I got bored to the point I went up to Randy who was stocking a few things. "So Randy are you seeing anyone" he suddenly flips his head to me.

He pulls me down to the ground as we both quietly chat to each other. "No? Maybe — who's asking?" he asked me quickly as he stocked less faster each word.

"I'm asking is there someone else that should be?" I ask titling my head chuckling to myself as I watch Randy get all worked up.

"There is one girl but she has a boyfriend.. I don't stand a chance" He tells me as he looked pretty sad.

"Does that girl happen to be Sidney?" I ask getting straight to the chase hopping i'm not wrong and this conversation won't turn into trash.

"How did you know? was it Tatum I swear that
little —" I cut him off. "Doesn't matter I was just saying you should shoot your shot it doesn't matter how or when but I think she likes you too"

Randy is surprise at my response and he quickly blinks repeatedly. "Wow thank you Claire" He tells me and I smile at him.

"Anytime! just don't fuck it up with her alright?" I tell him punching his shoulder dramatically. "Or I may have to beat you up" I tell him making fists punching the air.

"Oo Claire the fighter" I hear someone say from behind me making me flip my head and look up.

It was Stu, and if Stu was here that meant Billy would be here I hated to be selfish but I felt like I should seriously go. I wasn't gonna stick around for Billy.