Chapter 15: Shutting the building early

I tried to live on but she's the bane in my existence

Bianca's Pov

After my little encounter with Stefano... To focus has been a problem.

I closed my sketch pad and shut my eyes. There's something about the way he looked at me.

Pure hatred. I tried to shove this thought away but his golden platted eyes kept lingering in my head. Just then a knock distracted me.

" Come in"

"Hello" a familiar voice said at the door, I looked up to see Giovanna wearing her pretty smile.

"Hi dear" I said with a feeble smile

" Why didn't you just rest at home today as instructed huh!" She asked faking a frown. I watched her elegant dressing...she put on a cream suit with a white looking expensive jade in form of necklace around her neck and a white heels to go with it. She placed her dark raven hair in a bun using a strap to place it together. I smiled at how gorgeous she looked.

" I'm better now as you can see, besides today's the last day for my design, you know I want to give it my all before your boss shove it to my ass again" I said in a rigorous laugh.

" That's not an excuse, the company gave you permission to rest for the day and who said your designs were not good? Do you think we're not going to use...." She clasped her mouth like she was about to say something wrong.

Use? As in my previous designs were acknowledged?

"Care to repeat that please... I mean I didn't get your point" I said trying to get answers from her mouth but she zipped up already.

"Uhm nothing for you to know for now ..." She said standing up but before she could leave...

" Was it Ivan that disclosed about my absence to you? " I found myself asking before I realized.

" Nope... Mr. Alcantara called me first thing this morning and told me not to allow you inside the company today" she said with a smirk on her face as she came nearer to my side... I could smell her flowery scent

" You know the Boss as been weird of recent. I mean he's always grumpy but it's worse these days. Even when he called me this morning as early as 6:29 am... I was shocked because even when we do business, he doesn't call as early as that." She added pacing up and down in my office with a feeble smile on her face. Before she faced me squarely again.

" Do you know the Boss somewhere?" She suddenly asked which left me to gasp.

" What? I mean no... Why would I know the almighty Stefano Alcantara?" I tried to say keeping my voice straight. Then she gave a sneer smile.

"Okay if you say so" she said sardonically.

I knew she didn't buy it.

" I trust you're ready for tomorrow's presentation" she asked shoving previous discussion aside. That's why I like her, she doesn't push too far.

" Of course , I'm always ready" I said with a bubble smile.

" I have to get back to work before Mr Alcantara shove my ass out of this building. I chuckled as she left my office.

I sat down to continue with my sketches and thank God, Giovanna stopping by boosted my morale to continue.

Hours passed. I did the finishing touch and placed it gently on my desk.

I tried to stretch my aching hands and rested my pounding head backward, a knock came in.

"Come in" I said stretching my head to the side. Ivan walked in.

" Ma'am are you ready leave?" He asked

" Not exactly, I still have some finishing work to do and can you please drop the honorifics?" I said more like a plea. He ruffled his head briefly and said" uhm... I'm not sure I can"

"Common just call me Bianca" I said hopefully... I really want him to drop that rigid attitude towards me but I know he wouldn't listen. Only Stefano can get into his head.

" The boss wouldn't be pleased and it's more comfortable this way" he said

"But...

'"and uhm... The building is ordered to be closed earlier today for some personal reasons and I'm here to exchort you back to your suite" he said cutting me off

"What? I mean what happened? This just 4:00pm, that's too early... You're joking right?" I asked with a glint of hope

"Order from above ma'am... I'll get the car ready" he said and left abruptly after bowing his head. This man is so stiff.

I shut down my system and took my sketch pad along with me... I can't risk it, this may be my final opportunity on letting the world know about my work as a designer. I grabbed my purse and turned off the light shutting the door behind me.

After the long wait at the elevator... I finally got to the ground floor with a lot of people feeling amused..." Wow... I can't believe this... I wish everyday was like this..." a woman said to her partner

" This has never happened before " another person said... " I told you Mr. Alcantara has a soft side for his workers..."

The comments went on and on... So this never happened? So why now? Well it's a good thing... I'll get to rest better.

I smiled as I walked out of the Company spotting Ivan at the side of the highlander used for me this morning.

He spotted me and went to the passenger's seat opening the door for me to come in. It was uncomfortable as people kept staring at me.

" Can I just take the Cab for one day please?" I said pleadingly then he smiled

" No ma'am... The boss will get mad at me" he said . I know this guy is unbreakable. I gave up and went in then he drove away.

"Why are you not driving Stefano? Uhm... I mean Mr. Alcantara" I said unbelievable... Why did I have to say that? I clutched my lips with my hands. Ivan smiled.

" He's still working... Also it's fine" he said leaving me to question his latter answer.

" But I thought the building was to be shut down? " I asked

" Yes..." He chuckled... What's funny with that?

"So why is he still in there working?" I asked again.

" That I cannot answer ma'am" he chuckled again. I wanted to press further but I decided against it.

" What do you mean it's fine?" I said reminding him of his latter statement.

" I mean it's okay to refer to him as Stefano when you're with me" he said in an amused smile. What's funny again? I shut my mouth up and turned to the window as my eyes lingered at the sea.

After a long silence...

" Why won't you talk to him?" Ivan asked

" Pardon?" The question left me speechless

"Why won't you talk to Stefano?" He rephrased the question. I shifted uncomfortably. He noticed then he said " Sorry I didn't mean to make you...."

" He hates me" I stated cutting him off with my eyes fixed back on the road watching the Jet that just passed by. How does it even feel to be inside a jet?

" Why will you think that? " He said surprised with my statement and bringing me out of my reverie.

"The look in his eyes said it all" I retorted.

He glanced briefly at me as if he wanted to say something but decided against it as he fixated his eyes on the road before saying... "You'll get to enter one soon" looking up to the sky leaving me confused. I gave him a questioning look.

"The Jet I mean"

Please don't forget to vote and comment...it means a lot to me

Love you, Ria 🍒