Chapter 41: His Repression

Don't let the scars on your heart define the way you love." ~ Laura Chouette

Stefano

I got down from my Jet along with Ivan as we made our way to the chopper waiting for us at the hangar.

"Boss where to?" He asked...

"The Mansion" I stated swiftly...he eyed me skeptically without uttering a word and signaled to the captain.

I loved how he didn't question me through out this journey. Probably he wanted me to figure out my problem myself and I was grateful he wasn't spiteful with me for leaving Rome unexpectedly with him.

"Landing, Roger" the Pilot announced.

I don't know why I decided to come home first but I needed air before leaving to the deathly zone which is my office as I won't be able to avoid the truth in facing and conversing with her as everyone kept ringing in my ears.

I got down from the chopper and as usual, entourage of Bodyguards were there standing horizontally at the side with their heads bowed. I scoffed walking briskly as they trailed after me.

"Welcome home Young Master" Scott, one of my Father's personal bodyguard...I'm surprised he's here to welcome me and not with my Father.

"Marco?"

"He went for an undercover at Amalfi Coast, be rest assured... Terry is with him" He said firmly leaving me to squeeze my face together at this unusual information...

"Naples?"

He nodded frantically as we kept walking with him at my back at the left side and Ivan at my right.

My father is out of the City with just one bodyguard? It must be celebrated.

Whatever business he went for must be really confidential and will like the public to stay off his trails.

I descended down the railings before turning to my right side as the three housekeepers stopped and bowed saying "Welcome home Young master"

I nodded briefly before passing by them only to be welcomed by another hefty looking men standing at the pillar just before you turn to your wing.

My brows screeched upward turning to Scott to explain what the hell is going on? Why does the Mansion feels like a military zone?

"Mr. Alcantara left them at the pillar side to protect Mrs. Alcantara" Scott answered with a smile. I smirked...

"Not everyone dislikes protection like you" Ivan whispered loudly as Scott chortled.

I gave him a disapproving look "who says I can't protect myself huh!"

They were about to counter me when steps were vividly descending down the stairs in a calm motion... I don't need anyone to tell me who was approaching.

"Stefano..." My Mom's voice came out softly as I looked up to meet her eyes.

"Madre.."

Ivan and Scott excused themselves back to their zone, leaving my Mom and I alone.

I held her hands to support her steps down the stairs.

Immediately we got to the end of the thread, she faced me, inspecting my face and scanning my soul as I'll say.

" dove sei stato figlio? hai mangiato?..." She kept interrogating me in our native language as her soft hands roamed about my face. (Where have you been Son? Have you eaten?)