Chapter 23: A night to remember

You will never know the pain until you look into the eyes of someone you love, and they look away.

Bianca's pov

We drove off and left the Rinascente to God knows where now... after some minutes on the road, we entered another secluded road where flowers wouldn't stop to illuminate the area, I didn't' know a place like this was at ROME.

My eyes stopped at something... My Jaw dropped at the sight. I mean fucking expensive pearls?

We stopped suddenly in front of a massive gate encrypted ahead with rare pearls WELCOME TO THE ALCANTARA'S TERRITORY. I was dumbfounded... my eyes kept dilating around the pearls platted letters back and forth.

The driver brought out a card and placed it at the side box leaving the gate to open widely. I gasped at the sight. I didn't notice any security at all.

"you must be wondering why there is no security at the first gate?" Cassandra brought me out of my trance and smiled at me reading my thoughts perfectly... but did she just say first gate? So there's a second?

"you see the card is connected to the high security system and only few people especially relations of the Alcantara's family can have possession of the card.

Any other person will have to go through the security system for the transmission of power to enter the estate itself and very soon you'll have yours" she stated with a wink as I ignored her latter words and focused my attention back on the road.

If I think the outside vegetation is beautiful then there's no perfect word to describe this because it's really exceptional.

From the marigold flowers to the daises then to the dandelions glowing around the field to the roses perching across the road.

Everything was beautiful. I can also see the ocean view faintly from here. Is this an estate or a place for tourism?

After a while we stopped at another gate

"Welcome ma'am Bornstein and Happy Birthday" a man in his 50's said with a beam smile

"Thank you Mr.Jonah" Cassandra said returning the smiling gesture as the driver drove...Jonah? Who bears Jonah these days? I smiled and faced outside the window... I saw a lot of buildings and flowers illuminating everywhere.

So there's a place like this on planet earth.

My eyes was still trying to catch at anything and everything before we stopped again but this time in front of a Massive White gate.

It's so rare to see a white gate but here I am seeing it real life with a big golden platted A in the middle of the massive gate.

"welcome Ma'am and Happy Birthday" three securities came up with flowers to Cassandra with a big smile on their faces as she pulled the window screen down a bit and collected it with a bright smile. She must be well loved even by the workers but who am I kidding? It is Cassandra we're talking about. She can easily get under your skin without the need to try.

The gate opened as the security controlled it with the remote before we moved inside the gigantic building... Father Lord help me as my eyes roamed at everything it could.

To the crowded people at the illuminated area which I also realize was a fountain surrounded with a big round about and to the people cheering at the pool side outside the building left my mouth open.

It was dark but I could still see the light coming from a garden I guess. It was really beautiful.

" Will you come out of the car now?" Cassandra said bringing me out of my reverie.