Chapter 28: Conflicting heart

Loving you against my will...the harder I try to resist you, the weaker I seem to be

Check out the playlist by Gary Allen.

Stefano

Present day

"The Duke of Hellington want to speak with you using the skype" Ivan said without sparing me a glance.

I nodded briskly at him "connect him" I stated without looking up from my tablet.

He left my office immediately without saying another word, I tried to stop and talk to my friend but I could not bring myself to do that.

Our relationship has been sour since that morning a month ago.

It's better this way though. I missed my bodyguard but since he refuses to understand that I was losing my sanity around that woman then there's nothing I can do about it.

I rested my head backward and shut my eyes briefly, It's been a month yet nothing had changed.

I can't help but think about her.

When I close my eyes, all I see is her red flaming hair and ocean blue eyes.

I growled inwardly feeling so frustrated.

She has been the bane in my existence for a while and I need to erase her as fast as possible before she do any more damage to my sound mind.

After an hour of speaking with the Duke...

I spoke with the financial advisor of the HAY CAPITAL at Omaha, Nebraska for the current chart of Paris who are so desperate for the expansion of the HAY Hotel located over there.

I settled my attention back to my tablet, checking the flutter wave of the joint business with the Russo's at Maldives. I smiled at how the charts had skyrocketed up before a knock interrupted me and opened before I could even reply then I knew who could try that. The alternating devil...Russo!

"Amico..." he stated looking so exquisite in his tuxedo as he found his way to my love leather seat across.

"To what do I owe the pleasure this morning" I replied with a smile plastered on my face shutting down my tablet, resting my both hands on the mahogany desk and facing him squarely.

"I should be asking what you're doing in my Territory for a month now if I'm not mistaken" he eyed me suspiciously squinting his eyes at me.

"Need I remind you I don't manage hotels alone but I also deal with industries and you know I have one located here" I countered irately. He chuckled.

"You're sure about that?" he glanced at me with whatever maybe on his mind.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing... just want to know if you're indeed here for your steel business in which everyone knows how successful it has been and doesn't need a close monitoring like you're doing now so I really need to be sure my friend is here for a business or there's something else..." he trailed off screeching his eyes at anywhere but my side.

"Don't put words in my mouth Russo... I'm here for my work and that's it!" I stated sharply than I expected. He smirked.

"Easy amico? Even your voice said otherwise..." he said trying to control his laugh. I frowned.

"RUSSO!" he held his hands up in the air before turning to me...

"Stop trying so hard that's why it's getting worse." He stood up toward the coffee stand and made himself a cappuccino.