✧ Chapter 4

A/n:
Anything written in italics and underlined is what Nezuko wrote in the diary.

"I am a cultivator, like what the word describes, I cultivate swordsmen. There are a lot of cultivators who cultivate swordsmen with a variety of techniques in a variety of places. If one wants to enter the demon slayer corps then they must survive in the final selection on Fujikasane, I get to decide whether you are aloud to enter the final selection.".

I began writing a diary today for Tanjiro.

I descended the mountain today as well, training myself hard everyday so that I won't die during the final selection.
I'm slowly able to avoid the traps from descending the mountain repeatedly everyday. My stamina has increased quite a bit. However the difficulty of the traps began to slowly increase.

Today I took a sword with me to descend the mountain. Its really annoying, if my hands were empty then I wouldn't get tangled in the traps.

Today I practiced swinging the sword I say "Today," but lately I do this Every day. After descending the mountain, I swing the sword so much I feel like my arms might fall off.

In the beginning he told me as well that the blade is easily snapped. Even though the force of the strike of swinging vertically is strong, the force of swinging horizontally is very weak. When using a blade, one must swing along with the blade, the position of the blade, and the direction one applies the force to swinging the blade must be exactly the same. Also, blades can be worn down as well, which means that if my blade snaps, my bones will snap as well. (That's the slight threat that I got from him anyway).

Today, I did nothing but fall down... training to break my fall and get up quickly. I wield my sword and face Urokodaki with the intent to strike him down. Urokodaki stands against me... unarmed. But he's ridiculously strong. He easily throws me to the ground.

Today I practiced breathing and positions to do it in. He got angry due to me not putting in strength towards my abdomen and started slapping my stomach.

Tanjiro has lost consciousness for almost half a year. Even though Urokodaki-San asked for a doctor for a diagnosis immediately, there weren't any signs of irregularity. But the fact that he continued to sleep itself shows that something is irregular.
I'm afraid... that he would wake one morning and die just like that.

My training of descending the mountain needs to be conducted in more dangerous and more oxygen lacking places. (I thought a bunch of times that I was going to die there).

"I don't have anything more to teach you." a year after I arrived at narrow mist mountain, he suddenly said this.
"From now on you're going to have to prove yourself, see if you can improve yourself upon the basics I have taught you." Urokodaki turned around and started walking Nezuko followed him.

They approached a big boulder.
"If you are able to cut this rock in half then I will allow you to join the final selection." Nezuko stared at the boulder confused,
'rock... is that even able to be hacked apart? Can I do it with a blade? I don't think I can do it, the blade will snap...' Nezuko turned her head to see Urokodaki walking away from her.
"Urokodaki-San please wait just a moment! Urokodaki-San!" Nezuko called out after the retreating figure of Urokodaki.

From that moment on, Urokodaki-San didn't teach me anything anymore.

I continued to practice the things I learned from Urokodaki-San every day. Jotting down basic things like holding my breath and flexibility training. Though even after half a year I still wasn't able to hack apart the rock. I was getting anxious.

'Not enough, my training is not enough. If I don't work harder, Tanjiro will... maintain his current state and die just like that?' Nezuko placed both of her hands on the rock,
'Ah, I'm getting depressed! I'm giving up!'
"I need to work harder!" She then hit the rock with her forehead.

"SHUT UP!" She looked up and saw a man with a fox mask sitting on top of the rock,
"Such a shameful display of a person shouting nonsense."
'When did he appear! A fox mask...' Nezuko observed the guy,
"No matter how difficult and painful it may be, you shut your mouth and deal with it." the masked man stood up and attempted to attack
Nezuko with a wooden stick shaped like a sword, Nezuko was able to block the attack.
The masked man kicked Nezukos' foot making her loose balance and she fell onto her back,
"Slow, weak, rusty, your state is not a woman by any definition." He insulted.

✧*。—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-✧*。

Sabito my beloved ❤️
Word count: 816