Chapter 38

A man with shoulder length black hair, the top half of his face a purple colour which was caused by a disease.
"Good morning everybody. We have some really nice weather today, is the sky blue?" Two of his daughters stood by his side,
"Our members have gathered for the hashira meeting that we hold once every six months as per usual, I find this pleasurable".

Nezuko stared at the man,
'Is this person Oyakata-Sama? And are those scars? No, is he ill?' Sanemi slammed Nezuko's head down to the ground,
'I couldn't react at all! This guy is fast!' Nezuko saw how all of the hashira were bowing in front of the man.

"We find it most honourable to be in your presence, Oyakata-Sama. We eagerly pray for much happiness upon you". Oyakata's daughters helped the man to sit down,
"Thank you, Sanemi"
'I wish I'd said that! I'd like to greet the master' Mitsuri looked disappointed.

Sanemi continued,
"I'm sorry, but... before the hashira meeting, would you be so kind as to tell us, about this corps member who travels with a demon, Nezuko Kamado?" Nezuko stared up at Sanemi with an annoyed facial expression,
'He didn't seem to have any manners before, but now he's being incredibly polite!'.

"I see, I'm sorry she has surprised you all. I have given my approval for Nezuko and Tanjiro so I want everyone here to accept them" the hashira just looked surprised,
"Ahhhh... even though though Oyakata-Sama wishes us to do so, I am reluctant to give consent..." Gyomei rubbed his hands together,
"I also flamboyantly oppose this, I can never accept a demon slayer who brings demons along"
"I will abide with all your accordances, Oyakata-Sama"
"Either way's fine for me... I'll just forget right away..." Shinobu and Giyuu just stayed silent,
"I can't believe it. More than anything... I hate demons"
"I respect you from deep within, but I can't understand your thinking!! I completely oppose this!!"
"The demon slayer corps kills demons. Please, punish both Kamado and Tomioka".

Oyakata turned to one of his daughters,
"Now, the letter"
"Yes. This letter arrived from former hashira Sakonji Urokodaki. I will read a portion:
'Please forgive Nezuko for being with her brother who is a demon. Through strong spiritual strength, Tanjiro maintains his human reason. Even when starving, he refuses to eat people. And he has stayed that way for more than two years. You may find this sudden and difficult to believe, but this is the unmistaken truth. If by any chance Tanjiro ever attacks someone, Nezuko Kamado as well as Sakonji Urokodaki and Giyuu Tomioka will cut their stomachs open as an apology'".

Nezuko turned to stare at Giyuu in shock,
"So what if they're gonna kill themselves! If they want to die, they can just die and rot away. There is no guarantee in all this."
"Shinazugawa is correct here! If he kills and eats someone, nothing can be undone!! The people who got killed will never come back!"
"That is very true. I cannot guarantee or confirm that he will not attack people, however... you can not prove that he will attack people".

Sanemi looked furious,
"The truth is that Tanjiro has been living without eating people for more than two years. And because of him, three people are putting their lives on the line. And to deny this, the deniers have to present something more than what is here. Besides, Nezuko has come into contact with Kibutsuji".

"!?"
"That can't be..."
"We hashira have never even come into contact with him...!!"
"But this girl has?!" Mitsuri got knocked over,
"What did he look like!? His abilities!? Where is he!?"
"Did you fight?"
"What was Kibutsuji doing!?"
"Have the headquarters been located!?" Sanemi pulled on Nezuko's hair and started shaking her,
"HEY ANSWER ME!!"
"SHUT UP, I ASKED HER FIRST!".

Oyakata brought a finger up to his lips which silenced the hashira, who where all looking at Nezuko, (except for Mitsuri and Giyuu, who was busy trying to stop Mitsuri from falling to the ground).
"You see, Kibutsuji has sent his forces after Nezuko. The reason for this may simply be just to close some loose ends, but for the first time, I don't want to let go of the tail that Kibutsuji has showed us. And this probably goes for Tanjiro as well, I believe something unexpected  has happened for Kibutsuji. Do you understand?"

"No master, I do not understand! Letting a human live is one thing but not a demon. I cannot agree. There is nothing normal about it" Sanemi then slashed his own arm,
'Huh? What's he doing?! He's going to mess the garden up!' Mitsuri looked upset,
"OYAKATA-SAMA...! I WILL PRESENT TO YOU THE UGLINESS OF WHAT WE CALL DEMONS!!".

"Sanemi..." Oyakata mumbled,
"HEY DEMON!! IT'S TIME TO EAT! SINK YOUR TEETH ON THIS!!" He flung his bleeding arm above Tanjiro's box and let the blood drip down onto it.

✧*。–-—-–-–-–-–-—-–-–-–-–-—-–-–-–-✧*。

Word count: 836