》14《

"I lied about the matters in the Estate."

You then froze up a little and suppressed a snicker as you covered up your mouth using your hands. "What's wrong?" Gyomei asked as he didn't have any idea what you were laughing at.

"No it's nothing but thank you for taking me away from Minami-san, Gyomei," you said as you smiled warmly at him as he felt the waves of that smile you were making.

"I'm glad, come let's continue our stroll," he said as he held out his hands to you. You gladly accept it and stroll over the crowded town with your hands intertwined.

"Hey, Gyomei."

"Hm? Yes?"

"Remember when I said that I cancelled the wedding because I don't love Akito-san?"

"Yes, what about it?"

"I also have one reason why I didn't want to marry him."

".."

"I was waiting for someone." Silence then took over the both of you as you've realized that you're in a park, that only few people knew about.

Both of you sat on the bench still hands being intertwined, "waiting for who?"

"For you."

Gyomei suddenly shifted his full attention to you, even though his blind his other senses are incredibly strong, he knows and feels where you are and the emotion you are feeling right in that moment.

You noticed this action making you chuckle and let go of his hand as you stood up. "Remember that time when I was the one who was in charge of taking care of you after Brother took you? I was so nervous at first but when I was able to get to know you better, I thought of you as a loving and caring man."

"Maybe that was also the time I caught these feelings for you. And when I realized that, I cancelled my supposed wedding with Akito-san so I can be with you."

"And I know, being a demon Slayer can hinder us from being together as we always fight with our lives on the line. And my initial plan is to confess my harboring feeling for you the time we witness Muzan's downfall but I don't want things to be untold, Gyomei. That's why I'm saying it now."

"And oh, you don't have to answer this confession right away." You said as you smiled at him and sat again on the bench.

"KAW! KAW! KAW! ALL HASHIRA ARE CALLED TO GATHER AT THE UBUYASHIKI ESTATE! ALL HASHIRA ARE CALLED TO GATHER AT THE UBUYASHIKI ESTATE!" a kasugai crow announced.

"Let's go?" You asked as he nodded and the both of you went to the estate as if nothing happened.

___________________

"UWAHHHHHHHHH~" you cried to Mitsuri as the two of you went to the favorite restaurant of Mitsuri. "You really did that, [Name]-san?" She said in awe as she clasped her hand.

"I know it's stupid and I can't face Gyomei for now," you cried again. "Why not? Won't you want to know what his answers will be like?"

"For now, I don't. Maybe after some days?"

"Maybe I'll elongate the days of my mission so I won't embarrass myself in front of him?"

"[Name]-san, that's not good you know? You should face him just like the way before you even confessed to him. I know it will be awkward but you should at least try." Mitsuri convinced you as you look at the mochi at your table.

'Mitsuri's right'

_______________

Days later, the awkwardness between you and Gyomei died down and was not bothering you anymore. But you still sometimes avoid him.

'uhhh, so exhausting!'

You mentally cursed as you go back to the estate after patrolling at your assigned part of the country.

"Hey." Someone called you but you already know who it was.

Gyomei.

"[Name], were you avoiding me?"

"Me? Avoiding you? N-no, no way," you denied but he didn't answer, instead he just furrowed his eyebrows and just focused his eyes on you.

"Okay, yes, I may or may not be avoiding you. But don't worry, it'll go away somehow, besides Gyomei, the awkwardness is gone so I'll be your partner once again after a few days when I get my rest," you cheered.

"Sure, [Name]."

______________

"According to the reports there are strong demons wandering over here, possibly Upper Moons," Gyomei mentioned as you both wandered your eyes over the small town.

"Let's go investigate first until the sun sets," you suggested as he nodded and you both went on separate ways.

There's nothing fishy going on so the town is fine during the morning since basically demons can't attack yet. But there is only a victim and the attack of the demons happened only once.

The sun started setting when you and Gyomei decided to meet up so you could attack the demon together.

As the moon plastered its appearance in the sky, you and Gyomei felt a presence. A chilling aura.

Both of you went to the area where you felt that presence and saw someone outside the town's circle.

Your eyes widen as you get chills running down your spine. Not only that. You recognize the figure walking towards the both of you. The six eyed demon.

"[Name]," he said making Gyomei look at you. "Demon-san, I see, still following me?" You asked trying to wipe off the fear you're feeling.

"Perhaps, it's been a year since I last followed you. That time when all of the hashiras went the backed you up." he said as he then looked at Gyomei.

"You," he pointed at Gyomei. "We will wipe you all and [Name] will be mine again."

"What do you mean 'again'?" Gyomei calmly stated but is ready to attack anytime. "You don't have a business about it."

"If he does not, maybe I do," you interfere. "Ubuyashiki [Name], I will gladly inform you about your identity, in your previous life that is," He said as he points his index finger to you.

And what he said brought the biggest shock you've heard and wanted to believe that it is all a lie.

"You are Kibutsuji [Name], his illegitimate half sister, the assistant doctor who made him a demon, the very first demon he created aside from that woman," he cuts his sentence in the middle of it but the last four words rang on your ears repeatedly.

"And my first wife."

~this is the reason Kokushibo appeared right off the bat(⁠~⁠‾⁠▿⁠‾⁠)⁠~