38

The bottle of bath salt rolled to the ground, Xia Xingchi sat stiffly upright, seeing it rolling away all the way, completely forgot even bending over to pick it up.

It was very quiet for a while, Li Chengyuan looked at him patiently and expressionlessly, as if wondering what lies he could tell this time.

Xia Xingchi finally came back to his senses, and immediately jumped up, thinking that thirty-six tricks would be the best plan, but unexpectedly, Li Chengyuan grabbed his wrist and dragged him back to the chair.

Li Chengyuan said gloomyly: "Speak."

He seldom revealed this terrifying truth in front of Xia Xingchi, but now Xia Xingchi was shocked by just two words, and he couldn't help but flinch a little.

"I, what do I have to say?" Xia Xingchi said dryly with a guilty conscience, "What about modifying memories? Are you sleepy and telling fantasy stories?"

Li Chengyuan didn't say a word, the more expressionless he was, the more frightening he was.

Xia Xingchi felt more and more horrified, but on the surface, he pursued the victory with seriousness:

"I heard that the feeling of dying will cause people to have a lot of hallucinations. You must be mistaken... Anyway, don't think about these messy things!"

Li Chengyuan's expression changed.

After being speechless for a long time, he said in a deep voice: "Xia Xingchi, you also want to say that I'm mentally ill, and that these are all figments of nothing—"

Before he finished speaking, he suddenly covered his lips and coughed.

His face, which was slightly blood-colored from soaking in hot water, turned pale again. His lungs had not healed after being damaged by the toxin, and at this moment he coughed up a trace of blood.

Li Chengyuan swallowed the blood in his throat, and laughed at himself, "That's right, maybe I'm crazy."

Xia Xingchi had never seen such a scene before, so he was at a loss for what to do.

It suddenly occurred to me that Li Chengyuan was caught by the mistress and forced him to take countless messy psychotropic drugs because he firmly believed in the existence of that little liar.

—I accidentally poked his wound while looking for excuses in a panic.

It's hard to say whether the little liar exists or not, but what Li Chengyuan said about the memory change a year ago is indeed true.

Xia Xingchi felt extremely guilty immediately, and said hastily:

"No! I believe you! I mean...actually I...uh, I actually had plastic surgery! That's why you didn't recognize me!"

Li Chengyuan: "......?"

In fact, he is not so fragile and glass-hearted, and he is not so sad because of such a trivial matter.

He wanted to use this to test Xia Xingchi, but it seemed that he was overacting, and he coughed badly and accidentally coughed up a little blood, forcing the little hedgehog to tell such unreliable lies without hesitation.

Xia Xingchi continued to lie in a low voice with a guilty conscience: "Of course things like plastic surgery should be kept secret! I'm afraid you'll dislike it, so it's normal to want to hide it—right!"

Li Chengyuan was helpless, he thought he would bite someone if he pushed him too hard, so he stretched out his hand and pinched the tip of Xia Xingchi's nose:

"Stop making it up, why can't you even tell a whole lie now."

Not as good as when I was a child.

Although the ins and outs are not clear yet, Li Chengyuan has already got an answer he wanted: