46

"Li Chengyuan?" Xia Xingchi tried hard to conceal his shock, trying to act as if nothing had happened, "Are you talking to yourself?"

When he asked this question, he was afraid that this person would say something scary like "invisible people".

Fortunately, Li Chengyuan calmed down quickly after being panicked and stunned, and replied lightly: "No. I... I am memorizing a speech, and the annual meeting is coming soon."

Xia Xingchi heaved a sigh of relief after hearing this, as long as there is no mental problem.

But after thinking about it, I felt something was wrong: "What about the manuscript? What are you memorizing? That isn't a mobile phone in your hand just now, what is it?"

Li Chengyuan pursed his lips, and his already calm heart suddenly became suspended again. Seeing that Xia Xingchi finished speaking, he walked up directly, wanting to touch his coat pocket.

Unexpectedly, just as Xia Xingchi's hand grabbed Li Chengyuan's clothes corner, he suddenly frowned, then clenched his teeth and bent down to hold his stomach.

Xia Xingchi was taken aback when he saw this: "What's wrong with you?"

This is really suspicious, could it be such a coincidence, just as he was about to torture him to extract a confession about what he was doing, he suddenly had a stomachache?

Li Chengyuan's body was not well maintained, so his face was always pale, so it was impossible to see if he was really uncomfortable.

Xia Xingchi touched his hand, even though it was a closed balcony, it was still cold after all, freezing the cat's paws icily cold.

It seemed that the stomachache was getting worse, Li Chengyuan couldn't help but let out a low snort, the hand that was holding the balcony loosened, his whole body shook and almost fell down.

Xia Xingchi was taken aback when he saw this, he didn't dare to doubt anymore, he quickly reached out to support him and let him go back to the room.

Unexpectedly, at this time Li Chengyuan said in a hoarse voice, "Xia Xingchi, you doubt me."

Because of the low voice, there was a slight illusion of grievance. Xia Xingchi felt that his conscience was condemned immediately, so he could only help him to the bed and comforted him:

"No, I don't want me to doubt you, it's just a coincidence..."

Xia Xingchi had already figured out the pattern, usually Li Chengyuan would only show some real or some fake physical discomfort when he deliberately touched porcelain.

But when he was really uncomfortable, he kept silent, because the illness would inevitably bring back bad memories, which made him subconsciously suspect that he would be rejected and abandoned, so he pretended to be fine.

Li Chengyuan didn't wait for Xia Xingchi to say "Qiao", as if he was so unhappy that the pain intensified, he turned over and curled up with his back facing him.

"Okay, okay! I won't say anything, it's okay, where did you get such a big temper?"

Xia Xingchi had no choice but to stretch out his hand to comfort Rua, the irritable big cat's head, so that he wouldn't hurt himself to death with anger.

Li Chengyuan lay motionless on his side on the bed. After a while, he felt the warm hand shrink back, and then he heard the sound of footsteps and boiling water, and he breathed a sigh of relief—

He quickly took out the ring from his pocket and put it under the pillow for the time being.

"Come on, drink some hot water slowly." Xia Xingchi didn't dare to pour too much water for him, for fear that he would feel even more uncomfortable and want to vomit.