14 | S A M

The glowing crescent moon rose in the dark sky, letting the rest of the world know, the day had passed, and the night was upon them

The glowing crescent moon rose in the dark sky, letting the rest of the world know, the day had passed, and the night was upon them. For Celeste, she hadn't moved a muscle apart from the one occasion when her arms opened, unconsciously her body was looking for Jacob. She was tangled between her soul and family, but it wasn't complete.

Without her Mr. Wolf, it wouldn't be complete. Still seated on the coffee table in front of Celeste, Jake grinned at her actions. He grabbed one of her hands that was in the air and interlaced their fingers. Jake's wolf was beaming with pride that he had been able to support his imprint as he heard her sighs of contentment.

Carlisle had called Charlie again, to assure him that his daughter was safe and that Jake was here with her. He was glad that Celeste was resting and already seemed to have people caring for her. As the Cullen family watches the Swan girl sleep, Jacob winces hearing the heavy footsteps from the woods, and looks sheepishly at the leches.

"This might get violent; I disobeyed his orders by coming here." Jake explains "But I had to see her." Carlisle nods in understanding, leaving the living room to go open the door for Sam knowing it was best for him to not get involved in the shifter's argument.

Jacob stands up from the coffee table and, let's go of Celeste's hand causing a small whimper to leave her lips, kissing her forehead he looks towards Jasper "She's had an eventful few days, I'll talk to Sam in a different room. I don't want to cause her any more panic attacks because she heard us shouting."

Jasper rubs his thumb across Celeste's knuckles "Of course."

Jake sighs "Let's get this over with." Walking out of the living room to see Sam and Carlisle walking up the stairs. "Why don't you use my office" the coven leader suggests pointing to a door across the hallway.

"Thanks," Jake mumbles walking into the office with his Sam following behind him "Look Sam...I know I turned down the Alpha role. I still don't want it; I can't be a leader but there was no chance of me listening to you about my imprint." He rushes out.

Sam pinches the bridge of his nose "Jacob. I could stand here and tell you I understand your reasoning, but I can't. You are the only one in the pack that has found their imprint and we won't know why you reacted the way you did until we find our own imprint."

"Yes, I'm mad that you ignored my orders, that's not why I'm here. you know my rules and you broke one of them by punching Paul and Jared." Sam adds crossing his arms over his chest.

Jacob scoffs his anger coming back as he remembers what they said "They're lucky my wolf didn't take over and rip them apart."

"Jacob." Sam warns "What happened, from the phone call all I know is that Celeste had run away after hearing what they were talking about."

The young shifter rubs his eyes "when we arrived at Charlie's, they were already in conversation and didn't see us. Which still isn't an excuse for their words. They were judging my little moon because of Bella's actions."

Sam raises an eyebrow "How were they judging her?"

"Paul and Jared think that Celeste is pretending with the abuse to get attention." Jacob confesses clenching his fists together "They didn't even know her; how could they make an assumption about her just like that."

Sam was pissed at the two shifters; he could see how their words hurt Jacob. He wanted to be jealous of the boy because he had finally found his imprint but the look in his eyes when he spoke about Celeste made him realize that Jake's feelings for the girl were there way before he imprinted.

Place a hand on his shoulder for support "There will be consequences for their actions, don't worry about that. You just focus on Celeste and what she needs right now."

Jake nods his head and gives Sam a small smile "Would you like to meet her?" with Celeste being an imprint she was pack protected already but there was also a small part of him wanting to see if his dad and the elders were right about Celeste being the pack imprint.

Sam frowns "I don't want to make her uncomfortable and I thought she was asleep?"

Jake walks out of the office with Sam "If it gets too much, she'll tell me or one of the others, and yeah but Charlie wanted to know if she was staying here tonight or going home."

Jakes's eyes light up when he notices Celeste awake and quietly laughing at something Emmett said as the two shifters enter the living room. Her eyes flit around the room, as if she knew he was there, she spots Jake standing at the door, which causes her to shriek and sprint into his arms.

"Mr wolf" she mutters into his chest "I'm sorry...I ran...I though...she was" Celeste tries to explain her reasons.

Jake shakes his head "Don't worry little moon, we should have explained to you what had happened to her before we left the hospital." Hearing somebody take a sharp breath, he turns to see Sam's wide eyes locked on Celeste.

"oh wow." Edward blinks between Sam, Jacob, and Celeste as he's the first to understand what was happening. Jacob had a feeling about what was going on with his Alpha and by the small nod from Edward in confirmation.

Sam had just imprinted on Celeste.

"Celeste, my friend is here and would love to meet you," Jacob explains "If it's too soon or you feel too uncomfortable with meeting another person today, he will understand."

Celeste tightens her grip on the front of Jake's white top and nibbles her bottom lip "Is he nice?" she didn't was to be rude to Jake's friend but the two boys who were back at her dads house had made hurtful comments about her which didn't make much sense to her since they didn't even know her.

Jake sighs wishing he had given Paul and Jared a few more punches before leaving. Celeste had just left the hospital, nobody but her would know how mentally Renee, Phill, and Bella had affected her, with their comments it could set the process back even more.

"No darling, he's very nice," after debating if he should say his next words or not, he continued "Do you want to know a secret?" he whispers Celeste's eyes lit up nodding her head in delight.

"His favorite animal is a wolf" Jake hoped that her interest in nature and wolfs hadn't changed with her time away from Forks. the gleam of joy in her eyes, followed by the bright smile made jake's heart skip a beat.

"Really?" Celeste couldn't help but shout out, back in Florida might have been awful for her. But she would never forget the nights she would get lost in her mind, as she drew the different wolfs from her dreams.

"Yes, really" Jake states turning himself and Celeste around to face his Alpha, "Celeste this is Sam."
————