30 | G O O S E

A golden glowing shadow, shinning through the window and onto Celeste's face causing the girl to wake from her sleep

A golden glowing shadow, shinning through the window and onto Celeste's face causing the girl to wake from her sleep. Groaning at the blinding light from the sun, she turns her head to the other side.

Hearing a slight chuckle, she scrunches her face up in confusion before opening her eyes to see Emmett sitting in a chair, in the corner of the room.

"Have a nice sleep, sunshine." He comments with a small grin.

He was always known at the prankster, the wild one of the family which hadn't change and probably never would, but he never expected to feel so content with just watching his soul-daughter sleep. To see she was safe, relaxed and peacefully sleeping made him realise how much he truly wanted his own family with Rosalie.

Celeste slowly nodded her head as she covered her mouth from yawning.

Furrowing her eyebrows, she looked around the room to see Rosalie wasn't there. "Where's Rose?" she timidly asks.

Her mind was still cautious and seconding guessing a lot of things, one main thing was how she was becoming dependent on a few people. Like her father, Rosalie, Jake, and the others.

A part of her did know that they wouldn't intentionally do any harm but just the idea of her losing one of them broke her heart. She was leaning on them for so much and if they did leave or abandoned her she didn't think she could come back from that.

"Oh" Emmett nervously laughs "She's just making a few dogs learn their lesson." He vaguely explains, scratching the back of his head.

What he said wasn't a lie, not long after Celeste had fallen asleep, they had another knock at the door from the pack. They were not impressed to find out Celeste wasn't at home and was actually at the Cullen's and demanded to talk to her.

"What?" Celeste questions, titling her head to the side unsure of what he was saying.

"Momma mode is out" Emmett clarifies, "No one wants to argue with that." he says shaking his head.

Once the wolves had calmed down, Rosalie had made it clear that no one was to wake her and that if they wanted to talk to her, they would have to wait until she had woken up.

"Okay" Celeste slowly nods her head in understanding, even though she was still confusion at his words.

"CELESTE" A voice screams out from a distance, causing the girl to jump in fright.

"WHAT DID I TELL YOU!" another voice shouts out "WAIT UNTIL SHE'S READY TO COME DOWN."

"Is that um..." Celeste trials off looking at Emmett with wide eyes, as she recognises the voice.

"Yeah" Emmett sighs "That's Rose" he confirms in defeat, standing up from the chair.

"You ready to go out there?" He gently adds.