27 | B E L I E V E

A scream of Pain, Confusion, and frustration as the disowned shifter recalls the regrettable words that came out of his mouth to his mate

A punch to the tree as his control falters, as he attempts to try and understand why he did it. He didn't have any right to say such insults, especially with his own past involving his deadbeat father.

A cry of shame escapes his lips as the reality of his words sinks in, the person he was destined to be with, the girl who had been chosen for him by the fates, long before either one was born.

His heart heavy with remorse as he leans against the tough bark tree trunk. As he tries to keep quiet, a quick sob escapes his lips as he pictures the hurtful expression on his imprints face. Letting his body slides down the bumpy textures tree until he hits the ground.

The boy draws his knees close to his chest, covering his face with his trembling hands. Struggling to make sense of his own stupid actions, the young shifter sneers at himself in self-disgust. Violently rubbing his tears away, convinced that he had no right to act like the victim. After all it was his own doing that inflicted pain of Celeste and possible have brought back unwanted memories too.

As he sat there, drowning in his own darkness, the boy had found himself suffocating with different thoughts. Within the chaos of his mind, his body tensed as one particular though emerged boldly causing a wave of nausea to surge within him.

Was he becoming his father?

There were only a few moments he could remember of his father ever being a decent man. It was always the anger that overpowered him, just one small comment could set him off. He couldn't help but compared his father's past actions to his own which made him think.

Was this the start of him becoming what he feared the most?

His father.

As his chest tightened with fear, the shifter caught the faint sound of footsteps approaching his directions, quietly cursing himself for being so distracted with his own thoughts that he forgot to pay attention to his surroundings.

"Who's there?" He calls out furrowing his eyebrows.

The sound of a snapping branch caught his attention, growing in warning to whoever was coming closer to him. However, he was taken aback, his eyes filled with surprise as he saw Celeste stepping forward, nervously fiddling with her fingers.

"Celeste" He breaths out.

He never would have expected Celeste to be the one stepping forward, Honestly, he was waiting for Sam or Jacob to approach him first with their fist already aiming toward his face which he would have taken without a fight.

"I'm sorry" the girl blurts out "I didn't mean to interrupt." She quickly explains, her cheeks reddening with embarrassment at being caught.

She wasn't purposefully spying on Paul, in fact, she had no idea that he was even in the woods. After waking up in Seth's arms and noticing Sam and Jake were still not back. She tried to fall back to sleep, however for an unknown reason her mind was fixated on the woods. In the end, her curiosity won, leading her to find herself standing in front of a very emotional Paul.