16 | S L E E P

After the frantic arrival of Celeste coming home from the hospital and with the situation caused by Paul and Jared

After the frantic arrival of Celeste coming home from the hospital and with the situation caused by Paul and Jared. It didn't take long for the girl to become exhausted from her adventure in the woods and her meeting with the rest of the Cullen family.

As soon as Jacob started driving away from the leches residents and making his way back to Charlie's house Sam noticed how his imprint was already asleep.

The sheriff was furious with the boys and how they had judged his daughter when she was a stranger to them. Before the shifters left, he had warned Paul and Jared to stay out of his sight for a while because he wouldn't be able to control his actions if he saw either of them.

When the familiar orange truck came down the street Charlie sighs in relief that Celeste was safe and back home, where she should have been all these years. He thanked Jake and Sam for bringing her back from the Cullens and were welcome to come by tomorrow.

With Bella being arrested and Celeste home asleep, Charlie was hoping that maybe things could start to calm down and be able to focus on his daughter's mental state. She was the priority right now and needed the support and care she clearly never received from either Renee or Phil.

Walking into her new room black and white themed room, which he was very grateful for from the help from Billy and the boys on the Rez. Kissing her forehead before slightly closing her door. Charlie did want to give his daughter privacy, but he didn't want her to think she couldn't leave her room if it was fully shut.

For the first time since Renee left, Charlie felt like he could relax a little, of course he was still worried thinking about the unknown life Celeste had gone through, but he knew he had to think of the positive side of things which was that she was finally back when she belonged and safe.

It didn't take long for the sheriff to fall asleep himself, his own exhaustion catching up with him from the long unexpected emotional few days. Causing the Swan residents to be soaked in silence for the night.

Unfortunately, it didn't take long for fate to decide that her decision weren't balanced once again. Celeste had run away which was awful but it was balanced out by her ending up meeting the Cullens, now she was back home the different paths  had to restart. It was completely unfair to the girl, but nothing could be done or changed.

A painful scream.

Charlie immediately woke up, at first, he had thought the past few days had been a horrible nightmare about his daughter. He had been through this process with Bella when the Cullen's had first left but her shouts and cries were different.

However when the second scream echoed through his home he knew that it was real. These screams were full of pain, hopelessness, and almost like they had given up, that's when Charlie realized it was Celeste.

Running straight to her bedroom, slamming the door open he was horrified at the sight in front of him. Celeste choking on air, one hand clutching onto her blanket while the other was on top of her heart almost like she was trying to calm herself down.

Slowly Charlie walks into her room and towards her bed, not wanting to startle his daughter anymore in case he makes her panic increase. Celeste's head snaps up to his as she hears the floorboards creek. Charlie saw the fear in his daughter's eyes and wanted to cry for all the pain she has gone through all alone.

"Hey, Cel it's just me." he quietly says with his hands up in the air, Celeste didn't speak or make any movement causing Charlie to become even more concerned.

Sitting down at the edge of her bed "You might not remember this but it's one of my favourite memories. You had just learned how to say, papa and I was so proud of you and so happy that it was my name that you said first. But do you want to know what I wasn't expecting?"

Charlie looks at his daughter and sees her breathing was starting to calm down, even though she didn't reply to his question he continued "Your small hands pointed to the woods, and you started to mumble random words until you shouted out wuf." Celeste's end gently turns to her father the fear slowly vanishing and curiosity was shining through.

The sheriff chuckles thinking about that day "I thought you were trying to copy the dog outside that was barking. But when I looked towards the entrance of the woods, I released what you were trying to say."

"Wolf" on the inside Charlie sighs in relief that his daughter wasn't panicking anymore and her whole attention was focused on his story.

"Since that day you saw the wolf in the woods, you took an interest in nature and anything to do with wolves." Charlie sighs "And even though you went through something awful that nobody, but you will fully understand. You didn't let that change who you were as a person."

"I'm not sure what caused your panic tonight, I have my guesses but don't think for one second I am mad at you. If anything, I am proud of you Cel, and couldn't be happier to have my daughter back where she belongs."

A single tear rolls down Celeste's cheek as she processes her dad's words, jumping into his open arms she couldn't hold in her tears making her cry out in agony at how different her life was like with Renee than the time she had been with her dad.

"I didn't want...." She takes a deep breath "I didn't want to go outside." She mumbles with her face still buried into her father's chest.

Charlie furrows his eyebrows in confusion "What do you mean outside?" he questions.

"Celeste?"

"Uhmm...most nights they made me stay outside." She vaguely explains.

Charlie didn't have to ask who 'they' were as it was obvious to the answer "Why would they do that?" he didn't understand why Renee, Phill, and Bella treated Celeste the way they did and what she had done to deserve their hatred.

"I get a lot of nightmares. They didn't like the noise." Celeste confesses.

Charlie's eyes flicker in realization "You had to sleep outside because of your screaming from the nightmare." He clarifies. Celeste nods her head in confirmation making Charlie clench his jaw.

They had inflicted so much pain on Celeste making her have nightmares and then punish her for causing to much noise. A part of Charlie was glad Renee and Phill wasn't in his custody because he would have killed them both with no hesitation. As for Bella just because he was his daughter didn't sit well to him, to Charlie he thought she should have the same fate as her parents.

Death.

Charlie heavily sighs "Sweetheart, I know it's going to take a long time for you to believe this but I promise you that I would never make you sleep outside for anything. From now on your life will be filled with happiness and love."

Celeste tightens her arms around her dad's waist "I've missed you so much." She whimpers.

The young Swan was still learning that not everyone will be like Renee, Phill and Bella. It was quite hard for the girl to comprehend as that was the only way she knew and grew up with after they left had Forks. But the one thing Celeste knew was that things were going to be different from now on and with that her hope started to grow again.

——-
Heyyy so sorry for no uploads lately.

Hope you enjoy <3