Sleep Spells

Marco comes down the stairs and yawns. A purple bird flies past him, squawking. "Wha...?" Multiple birds fly past Marco squawking. "Huh?" He asked. The living room has been turned into a jungle. "Wow. Star and (Y/n) have gotten better at their magic. This is really peaceful." Marco said. A lion-like monster with blue fur, four eyes, and a snake tail lunges to attack Marco. It catches Marco in its mouth. Marco screams. "Help!" "Mega Explosive Crystal Laser!" Star makes a laser pointer with her wand. The lion monster drops Marco and follows the laser pointer. It screeches like a cat. "Here, kitty, kitty." (Y/n) said. The lion monster follows the laser pointer away into the bushes. Marco sighs. "Thanks for saving me... again." Marco takes out a notepad and pen. The notepad has three columns: one with Star's face and 27 check marks, one with (Y/n)'s face and 30 check marks, and one with Marco's face and 4 check marks. Marco adds a check mark to Star's column. "That makes it 28 saves for you, 30 for (Y/n), and... 4 for me. But, heh, who's counting?" Marco asked. "Wow, Marco! I just love what you've done with the place!" Star said. A purple bird flies up and perches on Star's head. It squawks and starts pecking her head. "Aw! So cute!" Star said. Marco laughs. "What? I didn't do this." Marco said. "Well, somebody did." (Y/n) said. ""Somebody"? Birds and rainbows and... whatever that is?" Marco points at a six-legged poodle-like creature behind him eating a bag of chips. "Sup?" It asked. "This has to be you two." Marco said. "Sorry, it wasn't us." Star said. Marco pulls down an entanglement of vines to reveal a stone sculpture of Star's head. "Eh, looks more like your dad's work." (Y/n) said. Mr. Diaz appears in the sculpture's mouth holding a hammer and chisel. "This was my work." He laughs. "But the rest of this, no." Star and (Y/n) smile and walk away. Marco watches in disbelief. Later at night, Marco sleeps while a caterpillar-like creature slithers across his bed and wakes him up. "Huh?!" Magic blasting sounds are heard. Marco approaches Star's and (Y/n)'s bedroom door, from which blasts of light are seen through the door gaps. Marco opens the door and gasps. Star and (Y/n) are sleepwalking and firing spells around the room. "Nnnnno... Get back..." Star said. Marco is hit by a narwhal blast and falls to the floor and yelps. "Star? (Y/n)? What are you two doing?" Marco asked. "Lamp... Destroy..." (Y/n) brings a lamp to life, and it starts zapping Marco. Marco screams. "Okay! Oh! Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa!" Star bumps into her interdimensional mirror.

"Playing messages." Queen Moon's image appears on the mirror. "Star. (Y/n). Just calling with your daily reminder to behave like the Queen and Princess in training that you are." She said. "Paper... Tornado..." (Y/n) said. "What?!" Marco asked. (Y/n) brings a stack of papers to life. The papers whirl around Marco. Marco screams. "Ow, ow! Girls! Wake up!" He shouted. "Beanbag... Monster... Metamorphosis..." Star brings a beanbag to life. It roars at Marco and Marco screams again. "Star! (Y/n)!" Marco shouted. They both wake up, yawning. "Morning, Marco. Morning, beanbag chair monster." Star said. " ...Marco! Lightning Twinkle Rescue!" (Y/n) blasts at Marco, turning the lamp, papers, and beanbag to normal. Marco sighs. "You saved me." Marco takes out his notepad and adds another check to (Y/n)'s column. "That's, uh, 29 and 31 to 4." He said. Star holds up a sleeping narwhal. "What happened?" She asked. "You two were spelling in your sleep!" Marco does a battle cry, and kicks the lamp. "That must be why you don't remember turning our living room into a jungle." He said. "Oh, no! You gotta fix us, Diaz!" (Y/n) said. Marco gasps. "Now's my chance to save you two! With psychology!" Marco said. "Psychology?" Star asked. "Psychologyyyy." Marco said. "Yeah. Psychologyyyy. ...What is it?" (Y/n) asked. "Psychology is like karate for your mind. I'm gonna dig deep in your brain to see what makes you tick." Marco said. "Ohhhh. Yeah, we have something like that on Mewni." Star said. Back in Mewni, A man sits in a catapult. A doctor pulls the catapult's lever, and the man goes flying. "Yeah, this is pretty different. Now, before we start, I must transform myself." Marco said. "Transform?" (Y/n) asked. Marco spins around. He puts on a pair of glasses and a sweater vest, and he takes out a textbook labeled "PSYCH 101". "Glasses! Paper! Clothes! Book!" He strikes a pose. "Dr. Marco, Ph.D!" Marco said. "What does Ph.D stand for?" Star asked. Mrs. Diaz walks by the bedroom door "Pretty handsome dude." She said. "Mom! Go back to bed!" Marco said. The trio is now in the living room. Star and (Y/n) sit on the couch while Marco sits in a chair. "All right, Miss Butterflies. I'm going to administer a series of psychological tests to uncover what's bothering you." Marco said. "Ooh, tests. Sounds fun! Oh, wait. No, it doesn't." Star said. "Test number one: role playing! I want you to pretend to be someone close to you." Marco said.