~Chapter Twenty-Nine~

~
Enjoy
~

You sit on the couch eating a bowl of cereal. Sun and Moon both try to talk with you, but you just ignore them. You wore a blanket over your shoulders forcing it to wrap around your neck as well.

"Starshine! Please, talk to us!" the two say at once.

Something you've noticed for quite a while now was that Sun calls you "Sunshine" Moon calls you "Star" and together they combine those nicknames and call you "Starshine".

You had to admit, it was adorable. But that wouldn't make you talk to them. This was their punch for keeping you up all night AND covering you with bite marks.

How long was this going to go for? Well, only for the day at the most. At the least, a few more hours.

-_-_-_-_

Turns out. It was the WHOLE day.

Sun and Moon were clinging to you the entire day. To be honest, it was cute. They even tried to give you puppy eyes. Just for your attention!

And now, they were trying again.

"Starshine! Please, pay attention to us!" they begged in unison.

You gave out a sigh of defeat as you put your hands on their heads and gave them head pats. Their eyes brightened and a smile formed on their face.

"Sun, Moon, I love you both," you began. "Just don't do it that much next time."

"Next time?" Moon asked tilting his head at you.

You gave a nod.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
A few months later

"Boys!" you yelled out. "Do ya want to go to the store with me or not?"

Suddenly, you heard two sets of footsteps coming from the stairs. You looked at the area and saw the two as human.

They had more human names for when they head out like that. Sun goes by Sam. It's so clever, almost impossible to forget. Moon goes by the name of Mack. Yeah... how they came up with the names you weren't sure about. But at least they have human-like names.

The three of you then walked to the store. You didn't live too far from the store, so walking was better than driving. And, Sun and Moon can't drive. You failed the driving test at least three times. Never again would you try that damned test.

"Sup you three," the worker said. His name was Josh. He was often a regular at the Starry Smiles Café until he got an actual job. Sun and Moon were jealous of how close you and him were at first, but now they're like buddies.

"Hey, Josh," Sun greeted him.

"Ya here for your regular things?" Josh asked. You nodded, then looked at the two trying to get 2 of every single candy. Again.

"If you two want all that, just tell me and I'll make it a part of my regular things to grab," you groaned as you pinched your nose bridge.

They simply nodded with a smile on their face.

"Sam and Mack, those two sure are something," he said as he, also, watched the two. "Don't get what you see in them."

"I don't get why you need, what seems like, fifteen boyfriends," you said with a shrug.

"It's only five! And besides, it's all cool, I love 'em all," he told you.

You both began to laugh. You did this every time you came over, which was once a week. Yeah, with the job you have and those two being home all day, it has all your food just disappear.

"So, how's work going for you?" Josh asked you.

"Boring... all I do is sign papers. I'm thinking about doing an online job so I can be around my 'children' more," you called Sun and Moon your children very often. Typically because of how they act around candy and not having you around.

"We have it all!" you and Josh heard the boys shout in victory. You rolled your eyes and pulled out your credit card.

With a small chuckle, Josh began to scan all the candy they got. Paying for all this would be a pain, but you'd do anything to make them happy.

And you mean anything.

~
Heya!
I don't have much to say so...

Go have a great Day/Night/Evening, my fellow weirdos!

712 Words
~