two

"Who's that?" Carly asked with her eyes still on the new guy. "Oh that's Mason, Kai's best mate." said Joao, when he saw him too. "He is not here from the beginning right?" she wondered as she didn't remember seeing his face. "Nope, he had to come like few minutes ago. I'll go say hi, wanna come with me, I'll introduce you." he offered, but Alex shook her head. "I'm gonna get another drink and join you after, if it's alright." she smiled and headed to the kitchen.

She poured herself some gin and tonic, while enjoying the music, that was heard from the living room.

She took her glass to take it with her. However she didn't noticed a guy, who has just walked into the kitchen. They bumped into each other, Alex spilling half of her glass on the man's hoodie. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I didn't see you." she apologised grabbing a wet towel to clean the mess. "You should watch your steps next time." he said and took off the wet clothes leaving him only in t-shirt. "I apologised, no need to be that mad about it." Alex rolled her eyes, while washing the towel. "You must be the girl everyone's talking about, Kai's sister." he said looking her up and down. "Alexandria." she introduced herself to the brunette guy. "Mason Mount." he said and took a beer out of the fridge. "What is so special about you, may I ask?" he let out a slight arrogant laugh. "Why are you so mean to your bestfriend's sister, may I ask?" Alex asked back as she found his question ridiculous. "I'm just wondering, because you're the only thing the boys are talking about back there." he pointed at the living room. Alex didn't answer him and rather sipped her drink.

Just when she was about to leave Kai and Joao walked in to get another beer. "Oh you two finally met!" exclaimed Kai putting his arm around their shoulders. "Ye finally." Alex grinned and tried to escape her brother's grip. "Hey what's up with you?" he asked concerned. "They don't seem like they clicked very well." Joao laughed, while drinking his beer. "Maybe if she would be more careful next time." Mason said giving the girl a slight smirk. "What is wrong with you? I literally didn't do it on purpose and apologised. You decided to ask me stupid question and be mean to me for no reason." Alex got actually mad and her brother released her from his embrace. "I thought you two would get along the most." said Kai sounding actually pretty shocked about what he's just heard. "Can we go?" Alex asked Joao. He looked at Kai, who only nodded and let them go.

Alex and Joao sat down on a couch and Christian joined them. "What is the topic you two?" he asked, while staring at Alex. "I was just asking, why is Mount so mean and cold unlike you all." she said making eye contact with Christian. "He is what? I've never heard anybody speaking like that about our Mason." he was so surprised. "Exactly what I was about to say." added Joao. "Well maybe it's just me and we didn't click." Alex laughed and changed the topic to something else.

Few hours later it was time to go to bed. Half of the boys were already gone, leaving only Christian, Joao and Mason still at Kai and Sophia's house. They were all drinking, so they had to stay over the night. Sophia and Kai were already in their room, while Alex and the boys were sitting at the table and talking.

"So how are we going to sleep?" yawned Alex tiredly. "You're adorable." Christian slightly laughed at her exhausted self. Mason quietly laughed and rolled his eyes, however they all noticed him. "What is your problem today man?" asked Christian uncomprehendingly. Alex looked at her present enemy and rolled her eyes. "There is one guest room and the couch. Yall can decide, I'll go brush my teeth." she smiled and left them alone.

When she came back they were all totally knocked out. She laughed, threw a blanket over them and was ready to go to the guest room. Her eyes lay on the boy, who was resting his head on his arms on the table. Even tho Alex and Mason didn't get along, she didn't want to leave him there this way, because he would probably wake up with an extreme back pain.

"Hey you." she gently spoke to Mason making him open his eyes. "What?" he asked rubbing his eyes. "I don't think you'll get a proper sleep like this." she shrugged and laughed. "Did you wake me up just to laugh at me or what?" he asked raising his head up. "I'm not as bad as you think. I wanted to offer you a better place to sleep." she said pointing at the stairs that led into the guest room. He thought it over and admitted, she is right.

They walked into the room looking at the only bed in there. "Great." Alex sighed and lay on the half closer to the window. Mason stood there for a while, probably thinking it over again, but eventually lay down on the other half. "Sleep well bighead." Alex said before closing her eyes making her enemy laugh a bit. "You too dumbass." he said back and after  a while they both fell asleep.