twenty two

Kai turned the volume up, while Alex was just sitting in her seat silent.

"Thanks Mike, thanks Roger for having me." Mason's voice was heard from the radio. "So bud, the stage is yours like we promised. Wherever you are secret girl, I hope you're listening!" One of the radio man shouted and the radio went quiet for a while. "Turn it off." Alex whispered to her brother. "Give it a chance, just a minute." Kai caught her hand and rubbed it with his thumb.

"Well, where should I start? Good evening ladies and gentlemen, this is the first and hopefully last time I have to do this, but the reason behind this is worth doing it. There is this woman, that I hope is listening right now, because I have so much to say, still not sure if I can put it in the right words tho. Baby, when I first laid my eyes on you, you had me already. I tried to hide it, but faith eventually brought us together and I couldn't be more grateful. You're everything every guy wishes for and I got so lucky to have you for a while, before I fucked it all up. I'm not sure, if I can actually say this on radio, but there is no other way to say it. I fucked it up really badly and I will never forgive myself for the way you must have hurt. I would give anything, anything to turn back the time and look into your happy eyes shining, while you were in my arms. There is just no better feeling. Alex, I want to make you the happiest girl in the world. I know, how bad my acting toward you in our last moments was, but I need you to know, I have regretted it, since the moment I walked out your bedroom door, after you kicked me out. I will never forget the pain in your eyes, but there is nothing, I can do right now to change the past. However, I could try and give you everything now and for the rest of my life. My girl, you're all I've ever wanted, all I could ever ask for and if there is no you, there can be no me. It's not me without you anymore. I love you, I've always had and I always will love you. You may find it hard to believe, but that's the truth. If only, I could ask you for one thing, please let me talk to you for one more time and give me the last chance. I asked you to be my girlfriend on the beach on our vacation and now that your brother took you to another beach, I hope, we can find each other again and fall into each other's arms like we did the day, I made you mine."

The radio went silent again and Kai turned it off right, before stopping next to some beach. "No" Alex said staring in front of her. "What?" Kai asked her and caught her hand gently. "I can't." She whispered with a voice crack and tiny tear running down her cheek. "Do you love him?" Kai asked her and rubbed her cheek. Alex slightly nodded. "Then go." He said and she looked at him. "I don't want to get hurt again." She sobbed. "If he hurts you, I'll kill him for sure." Kai assured her and made her laugh a bit. "He loves you like noone else, trust me, I've known him for so long and no other girl made him feel this way." He winked at his sister and she gripped his hand. "Go." He said.

Alex got out of the car and slowly stepped on the beach. She walked until, she got behind some rocks and noticed a man standing there with flowers and a paper. "Hey." she said quietly. He quickly turned around and she could see the relief on his face. "You came." He smiled. "I came to kill you." She laughed a bit. "Understandable." he nodded. "Can you do it after I"ll say something tho?" he smiled innocently and she smiled back. "I'll think about it." She said and Mason began to speak.
"I'm an asshole and I screwed everything up, I meant everything, I said on the radio. I am so unconditionally in love with you Alex, can you forgive me one day, please?" He said and handed her the flowers. She slowly reached for them, but instead he caught her hand and pulled her close to him. "God please say yes." he whispered staring into her eyes. "I wanted the flowers." she rolled her eyes. "But I want you more." she whispered back and smiled. Mason eyes lighted up even more. He held her face and gently kissed her. "Thank you." He whispered, when they parted. "Don't fuck up again or Kai said he will kill you and I would gladly help him." She smirked. "And I would gladly let you, but I promise, I will never do it again." He said and kissed her forehead before pulling her into a long tight hug.