Pass or Fail?

A/N:
Happy 2014<3

YOUR POV:

"Alright try my pork and pass me!" The first participants says, placing their meal onto the table.

"Alright, let's get started," Menchi suggests as Buraha begins to eat the prepared meal. Buraha holds up a double sided button, his being a red O meaning he passed while Menchi holds up hers, revealing a blue X meaning he failed. "It's overcooked. The tough texture ruins the flavor of the meat."

"What?! You haven't even tasted it!" The participant argues.

"You can easily tell!" Menchi deadpanned.

The next participant went up, I think his name is Hanzo? He seemed confident in himself about his dish but he got a pass and fail like before. "Huh? Why?"

"It's too dry and undercooked. Your fire was much to strong." Menchi explains.

With each passing participant and meal, Menchi only got more annoyed and continued to fail each person. This made me nervous for my own dish. "I'll just hope to god she doesn't fail me." I admit aloud as I watch.

"I hope she does fail you," I hear Killua say beside me.

"Well I hope she fails you too!" I yell back, sticking my tongue out at him. "But I'll be surprised if she fails me though."

"Why?" Killua asks.

"Back in Tallulah Village, my family owns a sweet and bread shop. I learned how to bake and I'm kinda hoping that experience helps me with this phase," I explain.

Leorio then goes up, his pig having a small flag on top. "How do you like my cooking?"

"Is this supposed to be a kids meal?!" Menchi yells, ultimately failing Leorio.

"I'm next!" Gon smiles, his hands on his hips as he proudly shows off his meal. His pig was cooked with flowers around the bottom of the plate and on top of the pig.

"It's the same thing as before!" Menchi screams, again failing another participant.

"I'm next," Kurapika says as he sets down his dish. "Please judge my creation." Kurapika's dish had the pig cut up with vegetables placed in the middle of each layer.

"Finally, something that resembles an actual dish." Menchi sighs as she picks up a fork and takes a bite of Kurapika's. Kurapika seemed confident until Menchi declared it inedible and failed him.

"My turn!" Killua says waving to me and heading up to Menchi and Buraha. It doesn't take long for Killua to return with a failure.

Lastly my turn, I picked up my dish and headed up. Menchi suspiciously eyes mine, probably hoping to pass me. I held my breath, ready to hear Menchi tell me I had passed...but my hope was short lived when she failed me. I silently walked back over to Killua, sulking.

"What did she say?" Killua asks me.

"She failed me," I frown. "I went through all that trouble!"

"Well if she truly does fail everyone here, we always have next year," Killua suggests patting my back, trying to comfort me.

"It's not okay though! B/N will go around telling everyone I'm a failure and then I have to hear about it..." I explain.

"Who...?"

"Now that everyone is done—," Menchi stands up, "nobody is passing! We're done here!" We all stared at her, unable to believe her words.

"I've had enough of this. I refuse to accept this! You asked for pork, we risked our lives—!"

"I said to prepare the pork in a manner we'd both like! No one made anything delicious. Nobody made an effort. Just because you changed the presentation, doesn't mean it's good! I'm positive none of you took the cooking seriously!" Menchi yells. "In other words you people have no guts to try something new."

"I'm not trying to become a chef or anything! I want to become a Hunter!"

"Yeah!"

"Better luck next year," Menchi sighs.

One of the participants rushes towards Menchi to hit her, but Buhara knocks the participant away from her. "Buhara that was uncalled for."

"If I hadn't intervened you would have killed him, right?" The man questions.

Menchi stands up, knives in her hands. "Probably." She walks down the stairs, "let me clarify, we venture into dens of ferocious beasts searching for ingredients." She throws her knives into the air and begins to juggle them, "every Hunter knows some form of martial arts. You lack focus and the willingness to experiment." She catches all the knives and points them at us. "That alone is enough to disqualify you!"

"Even so, isn't that a little to excessive to fail all the applicants?" A older man's voice is heard from above as we all look up to see an airship. Whoever was talking in that airship was apart of the Hunters Association based on the Hunter logo on the airship. A man then jumps out of the airship and lands before us.

"Who's the old man?"

"The head of the Exam Commission and the one in charge of the Hunter's Exam, chairman Netero." Menchi greets.

"Well I mostly work behind the scenes. I only take action when there's an issue like right now," Netero states, looking at Menchi.

"Yes sir?" Menchi straightens her posture a bit.

"Did you find that they lacked the will to challenge the unknown and that is why you failed them all?" Netero asks.

"No, I lost my cool when one of the candidates insulted Gourmet Hunters. And I made the test harder than needed," Menchi explains.

"You're aware that your test was unacceptable?"

"Yes, when cooking is invoked I lose control. I've failed as an examiner. I would like to do the second phase over again!" Menchi begs. Netero then agrees. "The new challenge will be to boil eggs! Chairman, can you take us to Split Mountain?"