Teasing In The Kitchen

A/N:
Merry Christmas to those who celebrate!! Here's an update for the holidays<3

YOUR POV:

The large doors open to reveal two people in the distance, a man and a woman. The woman had teal hair and was wearing a revealing outfit, while the man was larger and sat beside her. She introduced herself as Menchi and the guys name was Buhara, they are both Gourmet Hunters, as well as the examiners for phase two of the exam.

Menchi explained to us that it would be a cooking competition instead, many of those around me began to complain. Menchi didn't seemed phased though, "your challenge for the second phase is to produce a dish that will satisfy our palates."

People began to laugh at Menchi, I honestly felt sorry for her as she annoyingly glared at us.

"So, what are we supposed to make?"

"The required ingredient is pork," Buhara states, "any pig from Visca Forest will do. You can use the cooking facility here to prepare the meat, and you will only pass if we both find it delicious. We will evaluate more than just taste, do not underestimate cooking."

"Got it? When we're both exhausted from eating, the exam will end," Menchi adds.

"Then let the second phase begin!" Buhara annouces, hitting his stomach harshly as a loud 'boom' emanates.

People rush out of the cooking area and into the forest to find pigs, it was a race against the clock. There was no telling how many pigs there were, some people may not even be able to get one!

"Catch a pig and cook it, this is a lot easier than the first phase." Leorio says.

"I hope it's that simple," Kurapika sighs.

I notice Gon slide down a nearby hill quickly, it seemed like he was onto something. Killua grabbed my hand and pushed me down the side of the hill, I tumbled down the hill with Killua behind me. He laughed at the fun until he ran into the back Gon, Kurapika and Leorio running into the back as well.

"What gives Gon?!" caterwauled Killua.

"I found them." Gon softly says, pointing over to a large amount of...large pigs.

"Ah, they're chewing on bones," Leorio comments.

"Don't tell me they're carnivores...!" Kurapika exclaims, staring at the pigs.

The nearby pig snapped one of the bones it was gnawing on as it looked over at us, the bones dropping out of its mouth and then alerting the nearby pigs of our presence. 

I crossed my arms looking at Kurapika, "thanks Kurapika, now we're gonna die."

Needless to say, we all ran for the hills...literally.

It was a stampede of large wild pigs behind us while we ran, the pigs angrily hit participants with their noses, knocking them over.

"These pigs are crazy!" Leorio exclaims.

"There's gotta be a way to stop them right?!" I asked, hoping that someone had an idea.

Though within moments Gon had vanished from our sights and jumped onto the tree limbs. He readied himself and jumped up high into the air, fishing rod in hand, and tried to hit a pig. However the pig knocked Gon back in an effort to (probably) kill him.

"Gon! You're gonna get yourself killed!" I yell at the boy who stood silently in his spot.

The pig ran towards Gon, but Gon quickly dodged and the pig hit the tree instead. The apples fell out of the tree from the impact and hit the pig on top of the head, knocking the pig out quickly.

"Ah, so their weak spot is their foreheads..." Killua trails off.

"The pigs have tough snouts to protect their delicate foreheads..." Kurapika adds.

Within seconds everyone was able to knock out a pig, and I will not mention the fact that Killua knocked out of a pig for me and called me 'weak'...we're just going to gloss over that. Anyway, we quickly returned back to the cooking area and put our pigs onto the cookers.

"Killua, what are you going to do with your pig?" I ask the boy.

"Cook it?" He asks, looking at me with furrowed brows. He then narrows his eyes, seemingly catching onto my idea, "you have an idea, don't you?"

I smile, "yeah. I was thinking I could get like spices and stuff, ya know, spice it up a bit?" He nods, "but I don't think there is anything out here like that." I groan as I turn the handle that the pig sat on, "I might as well give up at this point."

Cooking was something I wasn't great at, I specialize in breads and sweets...not meats and vegetables.

"You're right, you should just give up," I hear Killua say beside me.

I quickly turn my attention to him, "hm?"

"You heard me. You should just give up," Killua continues. I crossed my arms, making it clear that I was not amused. "The Hunter's Exam is only going to get harder from here. I'm surprised you could keep up in phase one. This place isn't meant for a little girl like you."

I go to hit him in the arm, but he swiftly dodges. He stands there watching me carefully, he then laughs, "I'm just kidding!" He exclaims, "you should have seen your face!"

I turn away from him, "don't do that again."

I take a breath in and continue cooking the pig until time was up.