Wandering Thoughts

A/N:
Am I weird for loving a tv headed overlord(Vox)🗣️

YOUR POV:

"I thought you were going to ditch me," Killua admits.

"I was going to but...I-I don't want to lose you as a friend," I shyly reply as Killua pauses in his tracks. He looks back at me, a faint pink hue on his cheeks as he looks back ahead.

"You realize I could kill you at any second right?" He asks as he continues to walk.

I nod and rush up beside him, "I know that! But if I want to be your friend, I'll have to accept every flaw of yours! ...even if that is killing people."

Killua doesn't say anything in response, he seems to be lost in thought as I follow behind him. "Care if I room with you?" I ask, "there's not many rooms on the airship to sleep."

"I guess you can," he shrugs.

We make our way to one of the rooms. The room was small but just enough space for two people. I ran in and flopped down onto the bed, my body practically sinking into the mattress. "Finally, a comfortable surface! Oh how I missed the bed..."

I take my shoes off and my clothing accessories before crawling under the covers and shutting my eyes. I felt the bed sink on the other side indicating that Killua was beside me. After a bit of shifting, it was complete silence in the room.

Despite my eyes being shut and me being tired earlier, it felt like I was hyped up on caffeine. I was wide awake thinking. That's one of the worse things, wanting to sleep but your mind won't shut off. You just lay there in the darkness thinking...nothing to ease your mind. Your mind wanders to embarrassing memories, things you worry about, what the future holds, if those around truly like you or if they just say they do...the night truly is scary.

"Are you asleep?" I hear a whisper beside me.

"No." I whisper back.

"I thought you were tired? I figured you'd be asleep." Killua admits.

"I just can't sleep." I say, "I would really like to sleep."

"Something keeping you up?" He asks curiously.

"You know when you want to sleep but your mind wanders to everything it possibly can? That's what I'm going through right now," I frown, "it sucks."

"Yeah, I know what you mean. Want to tell me what you're thinking?" He asks.

"I don't want to bother you with my plagued thoughts. They're not your thoughts after all. You shouldn't have to worry." I say.

"Good, because I didn't want to know. I just knew I'd feel bad if I didn't ask."

"That's rude."

"Is it? Oh well, I don't care."

I didn't say anything, I just silently stared up at the darkness. My mind wandered to Killua killing those men, he didn't need to kill those men.

Sure they were rude, but that's not a reason to kill someone. But I suppose if that's all you know then I guess it's okay. No, killing people isn't good, no matter your background. Am I really making exceptions to Killua who straight up killed someone? I'm in a bed with a murderer, in the dark none the—

"I won't kill you Y/N. I promise." Killua suddenly says, breaking me away from my train of thought. "You don't have to worry."

"How did you—?" I sit up staring at him through the darkness.

"It was obvious. What other things would be keeping you awake at such a late hour?" He asks as he joins me, "you should have just said something instead of waiting for me to guess."

"I didn't want to bother you."

"If you bothered me I would have made sure you knew. I'm not Gon, I wouldn't be around you if I didn't like you. Honestly, I probably would have told you if I wanted you to leave me alone." Killua states.

"I think I just...I think I was just scared that you'd kill me. You're a trained assassin, you could kill me in the blink of an eye." I say playing with the bed sheets, my head low, "I think I'm just scared that I'll be on that receiving end one day."

"And you might be on that receiving end one day. But right now you're not, so I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, I don't want to be an assassin. Why would I kill you or anyone else if I didn't want to be one?"

"I suppose that's true..."

"Anyway, it's getting late. You should get some sleep."

"And you won't?"

"I can go days without sleep, you know, from all the training and such."

"Really? Can you teach me that someday?"

"No."

I huff in annoyance.

"Now go to sleep."

I sigh and lay back down, Killua joining me.

"Goodnight Killua..."

"Night."