Trapdoors

A/N:
Ik we all simp for Alastor in some type of way but some of yall mad embarrassing and ya'll Vox fan girls...ya'll embarrassing to...he's literally a tv🧍 you could literally unplug him and he'd die like??? Anyway sorry for my Hazbin rant
-sincerely a Vox & Lucifer fan girl<3

YOUR POV:

I felt someone shake me awake, I groaned and opened my eyes slightly to see Killua staring at me with his big blue eyes. His eyes glimmered in the morning sunlight that had entered the room. I rolled away from him and muttered for him to leave me alone.

"You have to get up," Killua says.

"No. I don't wanna...," I mutter as I shift myself further into the bedsheets and pillow.

"Fine, sleep in. I don't care if you miss out on the next phase." I hear Killua say as footsteps are heard, followed by a door shutting.

I shut my eyes again and drift off to sleep for a moment later, before I feel something grab my arm and shove me onto the floor. If that wasn't a wake up call, I don't know what is.

Pain surged through my whole body as my eyes shot open to see Killua standing above me looking at me innocently. "You're such an ass." I grunt as I sit up.

"You look awful, like something that tried and couldn't." He snickers.

I rub my eyes and look at him, "thank you for telling me that I'm ugly."

"You're welcome." He smiles, "anyway get up, we have to meet the others."

I tiredly nod and stand up letting out a yawn. I grab my accessories and put them on, as well as my shoes. "Did you even sleep at all? You seem to have a lot of energy." I ask as I slip my things on.

"No." He answers.

I look over at him, "were you not sleepy or something?"

"I don't need to sleep, I'm accustomed to not sleeping for a long period of time." He states, his hands in his pockets.

"Really? But isn't that like...dangerous?" I tilt my head in confusion.

"Yeah but my family doesn't seem too concerned, so I'm good."

"If I didn't sleep I would get so much more done in life, can you teach me?" I ask as I walk over to him.

"You can try it, but you won't learn it." He says as he walks over to the door and opens it, I follow behind him.

Finally the airship arrived to a large circular tower which was where the third phase was being held.

"Everyone, the third phase of the exam begins here at the top of Trick Tower. In order to pass this phase, you must reach the tower's base alive. You have seventy two hours to complete it, and with that, the third phase will begin!" Beans exclaims before getting back on the air ship and leaving.

The boy's decided to look over the edge of the tower, but I had learned my lesson with phase number two, so I knew better than to sneak a peak at the edge. There was no telling if Killua would push me down again, this time with me actually dying.

Hours passed and little by little more people started disappearing from the tower's top. I was starting to get suspicious about this whole third phase.

There has to be a trap door or something I'm missing.

I crouched down and began to apply pressure to some of the blocks on the rooftop. My hand fell through one of them which almost made me fall in, but thankfully I caught myself before I fell. So that's the secret to it! I stood up and rushed over to the four boys, "guys, I found out the secret!"

"What secret?" Gon cluelessly asks.

"I think she's talking about how to advance," Kurapika says as I nod and motion for them to follow me.

"I was curious and going around, until I found this one," I say pointing to the trap door that rests on the ground. "There should be more around here that are trap doors. You just have to find them and then go through them."

The boys spread out to find the doors but we never found any more. We split up once more and continued to look around.

Gon had finally found more trap doors for us to go through, six in total.

"Gon and I decided that we'll all go through our own door ways," Killua states.

"And if one of them is a trap, then no hard feeling!" Gon exclaims, "so what did you all want to do?"

"I can live with that," Leorio agrees, "it's part of the game."

"I have no objections." Kurapika adds.

"Same here." I say as we all find a trap door and stand behind it.

"Let's meet again at the base of the tower," Kurapika declares.

"Let's go, on one!" Killua counts.

"Two!" Gon exclaims.

"Don't die guys!" I smile as everyone else counts off three.

We all step forward and the trap door activates and we all fall through.

I looked to see the five of us in the same room.

Awkward...

Killua and Gon look at each other with a nervous smile as Kurapika speaks up, "that was a brief goodbye."

"So all the doors led to this room...," Leorio trails off as Gon walks over to a small podium in the room with six bracelets on them, a sign on the wall in front of the podium.

"'The six who drop into the chamber must find a way down together by majority rule.'" Gon reads as he grabs a bracelet, we all grab one as well.

The bracelet had a count down timer in the center along with two buttons, a 'O' and 'X'.

"Could it be we won't be able to leave this room until we have another person?" Kurapika infers.

"That's correct!" A males voice is heard through the room which causes me to jump a bit. At the top was a small speaker, probably for whoever was in charge of this phase. "My name is Lippo. I'm the warden here as well as the examiner for the third phase. There are multiple routes through this tower. You have chosen the path of majority rule. Cooperation is key if you wish to pass this phase. If one person is selfish, it can throw you all off. And you won't be able to start until you have six members total. Best of luck!"

"So what are we going to do now?" Leorio asks.

"We'll wait it out I guess. We don't really have another option," I shrug.

Two hours passed of tiresome waiting. I honestly don't think I've ever been so bored in my entire life. Suddenly working at the bakery didn't seem all that bad.

Gon was using Killua's skateboard while Killua was mindlessly playing with Gon's fishing rod.

"It's been two hours!" Leorio complains, "what if the others all took another route?! Only a fool would still be at the top of the tower."

"Calm down Leorio," Kurapika calmly says.

"What if nobody shows up? I can't just sit here and—!"

"Quiet." Kurapika ushers, placing his index finger over his mouth.

"Huh?!"

Kurapika points up to the ceiling indicating there was noises close by. We all stood up and walked over to the cracked ceiling trap door, to which it finally opened and a participant fell down.

That participant being Tonpa.

"Mr. Tonpa!"

"Oh great..."

"It's the old man."

Tonpa ignored the comments and grabbed his bracelet, snapping it on his wrist as a secret door opened in the wall.

This was going to be an interesting phase.