Sometimes Impulses Are Bad Ideas

A/N: crack scene🥳

YOUR POV:

"Hello?"

"Kurapika?" Gon shyly asks.

"H-Huh?"

"Good! We finally were able to get a hold of you!" Gon exclaims with a smile.

"It wasn't like we were trying to before or anything." I say loud enough for Kurapika to hear over the phone.

"Is this Gon and...was that Y/N?"

"Yeah! Can you talk for a sec?"

"Apologies, but I am in the middle of something. I'll call you ba—."

"Wait! I have something to tell you!" Gon continues as the line goes silent, "Killua, Y/N and I ran into the Troupe. Actually, they caught us."

"What were you three thinking?! Do you know how dangerous they are?!"

Killua then grabs the phone from Gon's hand and holds it up to his ear. "I thought we could defeat them, but after meeting them, I quickly understood. They're strong. Right now, Gon and I have no chance against them. That's why we're calling."

"We need your help!"

"I refuse. I won't allow you to get yourselves killed."

"You know where their base is right?"

"I have my own intel."

"We know some of their abiliti—."

"Enough! That's enough! Just...just stay away from the Troupe!" Although I could barely hear Kurapika's voice, it was clear he was worried about us.

"You're the 'chain user,' right? You killed one of them. They're dead set on finding you. If you won't think of us as friends or equals, we'll do whatever it takes to make you help us!" Killua yells before shoving the phone towards Gon.

"Kurapika, one of them started to cry." Gon quietly says, "he said he couldn't forgive the one who killed his friend...I got mad after seeing that. Please Kurapika..."

"...I'll call you back."

Gon pulls the phone away from his ear and stares down at the screen in silence. "He hung up."

"I can't believe he refuses to help us, after everything we did for him!" Killua complains.

"Ya'll barely did anything for him though?" I responded. "Besides, I see where he's coming from. They are dangerous, he's right about that. But he seemed genuinely worried about us being so close to the Troupe. It's only natural that he wouldn't want to help us."

"Who's side are you on?!" Killua yells as he turns to me.

"Nobody's side." I shrug, "I'm neutral. However, I could totally teach—."

"Not happening." Killua quickly says.

"Why won't you even give me a chance?!" I huff as I cross my arms.

"No offense Y/N, but you would probably do something incorrect and get us killed." Gon admits.

"Sometimes I wonder if I'm even appreciated here." I sigh out, referring to our trio.

"What does that have to do with anything?!" Killua yells.

"I appreciate you!" Gon pitches in, "just not when it comes to some of your ideas...!"

"And you have better idea's Mr. I'm Going Up Against Hisoka In A One V One?" I continue.

"Hey, he was the one who challenged me! I wasn't just gonna back down!" Gon replies.

"You could have! That was a choice! You could have died Gon!"

"But I didn't, and that's all that matters." Gon smirks as he crosses his arms. "But you aren't much better. You killed a woman while taking the Hunter's Exam."

I groan, "don't remind me. But that wasn't a stupid idea, that was an impulse."

"And ya'll say my impulses are bad." Gon says.

"And Killua's impulses aren't? He told me he was going to kill himself!" I point out, pointing to Killua.

"You were the one who told me to commit!" Killua yells.

"It was a joke! But then you said you were already trying to commit!"

"And you were the one who suggested that I jumped in front of a train on a rainy night!"

"I said not to! Do you even listen to me?!"

"Sometimes!" Killua then turns away from us, "I'm gonna go find a train track." He then begins to walk off.

"Killua! Wait, I'm sorry!" I exclaim as I rush after him, "kys! Kys!"

"Why are you telling him to kill himself?!" Gon exclaims as he goes after us.

"It's an acronym! It means: keep yourself safe!"

"No it doesn't! Who told you these lies?!"

"Ur mom!"

"I don't have a mom!"

Killua stops running and turns around to face us, making us both come to a halt. "Damn Y/N, why would you insult his dead mom like that? That's a bit harsh."

"His mom might not even be dead?!"

"You guys are mean." Gon comments.

"Apologize to Gon!"

"Why should I?! You're both mean!"

"Gon isn't mean! You are!"

"I know Gon isn't mean! He doesn't have a single mean bone in his body!"

"You sound like an old person." Killua snickers.

"I take it back! Please jump in front of a train on a rainy night." (There's literally a train passing as I'm writing this...I love irony)

"I will! You can bet on it!"

"...guys I don't want to go to a funeral at only twelve years old..."

"I do!" I smile as I grab Killua's hands, "please jump in front of a train on a rainy night...for me?"

Killua pulls his hands away from my grasp, "for you? No. But if Gon asked...maybe."

"H-Huh?"

"Lover boy! Lover boy!" I laugh, "pick a side Kil!"

"I choose to be neither. I am simply air."

I stopped laughing and gave him a confused look, "what...?"

"If anything Killua, you're the lover boy but to Y/N." Gon admits.

"He's got you there." I nod.

Killua's cheeks turn a shade of pink before he turns around, "let's go back and find Leorio." He then quickly walks off, obviously trying to get away from us.

•••

We return to the hotel to see Leorio and Zepile drunk out of their minds. "While we were out being kidnapped, they were here drinking?" Killua growls in annoyance.

"You guys are back!" Leorio greets, "come drink with us!"

"We can't. We're underage, and you are too!" Killua exclaims.

"Sure...but in my country, it's legal at sixteen." Leorio explains as he downs his drinks.

"You two need to sober up. We've got some tea to spill." I usher as I walk over and sit down beside them, indicating for Gon and Killua to do the same.

The three of us told Leorio and Zepile about our kidnapping, to which Leorio was amazed we were able to escape. Leorio tells us that tomorrow will be when we go to the auction if possible, but Gon tells Leorio about finding Kurapika. Gon and Kuilla filled Leorio in about how Kurapika had killed a Troupe member, and that he would help the two learn nen.

Suddenly, Gon received a call from Kurapika...

The Phantom Troupe is dead.