Arena Fights

A/N:
I want to like...ingest Lucifer and Vox from Hazbin Hotel and ingest Mindless Self Indulgence music at the same time

YOUR POV:

"'To open the door, select 'O' to open and 'X' to not open it,'" Gon reads aloud the sign that's above the door.

"It's forcing us to use majority rule already?" Leorio asks a bit in shock. "The answer should be obvious." We all put in our answers on our bracelets making the majority vote four to open the door and one to keep it shut. "Who pushed 'X'?"

Tonpa nervous laughs, "it was me, sorry. I pressed the wrong button by mistake."

Leorio grabbed hold of Tonpa's shirt, "stop messing around old man! Are you blind?"

"It was an accident like I said."

"How can you 'accidentally' press the wrong button?!"

Gon interferes. "It doesn't matter. The door is open anyway,"

"It does matter though. This guy deliberately pressed the wrong button!"

"Leorio if you keep arguing we won't make it down in time," I speak up.

"Uh-huh, and even if he keeps pressing the wrong button, the rest of us just need to press the right one," Killua says as we all walk into the next room.

The next room had another sign for us to follow and two gated doors, one on the right and one on the left.

"'Which one is the correct path? 'O' is for right and 'X' is for left.'" Gon reads as I take a glance down each hall in hopes it would help us decide.

The majority was 'O' for the right door being at four and 'X' for the left being at two.

"Why would you chose the right side?!" Leorio exclaims, "you should always go left in a situation like this!"

"True. But research has indicated that people who are lost tend to go left." Kurapika explains.

"Then the numbers don't add up!" Leorio continued, "what numbers did you press?"

"Right," Kurapika answers as he goes towards the right door.

"Right," Killua answers as he follows the older blonde.

"That's why they chose right...to outwit the examiner." Tonpa starts, "if the examiner knows that people tend to go left then the left would be more difficult." Tonpa then walks off as Leorio lets out a frustrated huff and goes to the right.

Gon and I glance to each other before following them.

The next room was massive, the path on our side had a sudden drop off. On the other side was the same thing and in the middle was a small fighting arena, below was a massive black pit.

"Great, more cliffs." I cringe.

"Look over there." On the the other side were six cloaked people. They were honestly intimidating even from all the way over here.

"They're here, take my handcuffs off." One of the cloaked figures says as their handcuffs break in half and fall to the ground. The figure then reaches and takes off their cloak to reveal a man. He steps forward into the light, "I'm finally free."

"Allow me to explain." It was the voice from the first room, the examiner, "before you are a few Trick Tower prisoners. The Hunter Exam Committee has officially fired them as examiners. You'll fight against the six of them. The fights will be one v one. Each person will only fight once. You can fight however you'd like and there will be no draws. A win is decided when the opponent admits defeat."