My Perfect Goddess

Another short story. As always, it's unedited. Apology for mistakes that you may find :)

Hello

I am Nicole, and I always want to be a fashion designer, I would give everything to get the chance working for someone famous. But so far no one wanted to take me. I wasn't sure why? Maybe I was too young, or maybe I wasn't good enough.

But I had one name in my mind that I wanted to work for, I am the biggest fan of Sam Sheppard, the fashion designer that originated from my city. And it was because of her I moved to Sydney and study fashion. I met her once when I came to see the famous fashion week that runs every year. Not actually met. I just saw her from distance, that was months ago. I almost forgot how she looked like until that day when she came to the take away shop where I worked part time as a counter hand to buy fried chicken. She was skinny, toned, pretty and all the city girl could wish for and she ate fried chicken?

I made a short comment of how brave she was and she laughed, a fresh girly laugh that would bring man down to his knees. She said she would eat anything that taste nice then she winked at me. Now I knew what that meant to have a girl crush. I was straight away in love with her. I told her that I saw her in some fashion magazines and I was her biggest fan.

She said she was flattered then praised my dress when I told her that I made it myself. She even took the time to check on some of my work in my phone.

I took the chance to ask her if she needed help in her office. I meant, I only got this one shot to talk to my hero, what would I loose even if she said no? It wasn't like we would meet again, was it? She crooked her head to the side, her eyes looked at me with a glimpse of curiosity lingered there. She asked me what my age was and where I studied. Then she asked what kind of dream that I had for the future. And BOOM.... She gave me her business card and told me to come to her office the next Monday.

Talking about luck? I thought I was the biggest looser of all time, yet that day was kind of magical. She wanted my help, she took me in!

And here I was in her office became her assistant. Well not her direct assistant, I am the assistant of her assistant, Rosa. After all I am only 19, so I think the job wasn't so bad. I couldn't work full time yet as I had to study, but at least I got two days a week. Rosa told me as soon as I graduated, Sam would do something about my position.

Oh my god, you wouldn't believe that I thought I saw the sky opened from above and showered my with a bright light from heaven. My future was settled!

First day of work. I went into the office. Sam said I could wear anything I want. The policy was casual but she gave me a hint to dress up fashionably. We were in fashion industry after all and I wore the best dress I had and I wasn't regretting it. Everyone there looked fancy.

The office was surprisingly small for her caliber. I always thought something more glamorous like the one in the movie with huge size of rooms, glass doors, glass walls, nice window view of city scape, bright, chandeliers everywhere..... Yeah that kind of office, but no, it wasn't like that at all. It was in an old building with slow temperamental lift that often jammed in between floors and we had to wait for a couple of minutes until it decided to move again.