Chapter 3

Sam opened her eyes slowly, confused about her whereabouts. She quickly realized where she was when she heard someone breathe softly next to her. She looked to her right side and saw Luke's face a few centimeters apart from hers. He was sound asleep. Sam gasped and slowly slid her body further away from him when she knew that she was the one crossing the borders.  

"I thought you were going to attack me last night." Luke mumbled and opened his eyes. "Good morning," he smiled. 

"Oh," was all Sam could say. 

"You're cute in the morning," he said and messed Sam's hair softly. 

"Thank you for not letting me attack you." Sam woke up and stretched her body 

"I didn't, but it seemed that you changed your mind." he replied lightly, jumping off the bed and started doing his push-ups on the floor. 

"Good." 

"I was hoping you didn't," came his reply from the other side of the bed. 

"In your dreams, Luke."

Sam finished her shower and walked downstairs to the dining room, which had been renovated into an open plan area and was connected to a very modern kitchen. She was quite familiar with this mansion as Luke took her here often to visit Tony and his Pops. She could smell coffee brewing and heard people chatting. 

The room was bright, filled with morning sunlight from the opened sliding door. Sam saw Tony and Pops sitting opposite each other in a classic solid wooden twelve-seater dining table with coffee in front of them. 

"Ah, here's the bride." Pops greeted Sam with his big hug then guided her to her seat. "Jan, get her coffee and some breakfast." He gave Jan, the cook, an order. 

"Where's your husband?" he asked. 

"He's in the shower," answered Sam and smiled at Jan who brought her coffee. 

Sam was sitting quietly while Pops and Tony had small talks. 

"It's a bit quiet down here." Luke appeared in the dining room and sat next to Sam after kissing her on the cheek. 

I can get used to this, Sam thought unconsciously. 

"Are you okay?" he asked when he saw Sam sitting quietly without a word. 

"Yes, I am fine, just not used to having breakfast with family. I lived alone for way too long." She smiled slightly before popping scrambled eggs into her mouth. 

"We have breakfast every weekend with family. Tony, Anna," Pops sighed slightly and continued, "and Luke . . . before he decided to leave us and lived by himself." 

"Come on, Pops. I was looking for an adventure. Life is good. I need to be out there," Luke replied. 

"Yes, I know, kiddo, but you're here now, I am very happy." Pops smiled brightly and sipped his coffee. 

"What do you want me to do at work on Monday? Dad, you haven't told me anything about it," Luke asked carefully. He wasn't sure what his dad was going to do with him. 

"I have a good position for you. Your wife asked me," Tony replied with a smug smile. 

"Sam?" Luke looked at Sam who sat beside him with surprise. Sam pretended to ignore him and busied herself cutting her bacon. 

"She came to our office last Tuesday with her fashion team for her corporate annual sales deal. She told me if you're not ready to help me out on the management side, you could work in the marketing department instead." Tony smiled and looked at Sam.