Chapter 8

"Hi, am I interrupting something?" Sam poked her head around Luke's glass office door. He was staring into his computer screen intently. 

His face brightened up when he saw her. "Hi, what are you doing here?" he asked, standing up from his chair and giving her a hug. 

"Um, what's that for?" Sam asked and smiled back. 

"Oh nothing. I just missed you," he replied lightly and held her hands. 

"Very romantic." She rolled her eyes. 

Luke chuckled. "I could do more . . . ," he said, tilting her chin up with his index finger ready to drop a kiss on her lips. 

"Stop it." Sam grabbed his hand and held it still. "I am here to give you the last piece of the design so you can put them all together. She fished inside her handbag and pulled out a USB stick. "Why are they staring at us?" she lowered her voice as soon as she realized that some of his colleagues were standing up and peeking from their pods to look at them. 

"Oh good, I was waiting for this." Luke ignored her question. He took the memory stick from her hand and placed it on his desk. He glanced at his screen briefly, suddenly pulled Sam closer to him, and kissed her hard on the lips. Sam lost her balance and fell sideways. Her arms frantically wrapped around Luke's neck to keep herself standing straight. 

"Uh . . ." She broke the kiss and looked up at him, startled. 

"Sorry, I have to prove to them that the sexy blonde in the short skirt is mine." He replied lightly, turning his computer screen toward her. She could see a chat window opened with some wording, informing Luke that a sexy blonde in a short skirt was approaching his office. Another line from a different person was saying that he wouldn't mind taking her for a drink and another one agreed. 

"Sexy blonde?" Sam asked, amused. 

"Told ya you're sexy," Luke answered. His hand was still holding Sam's hips possessively. He then raised his thumb up to his colleagues through the glass wall and Sam could hear them cheering outside. 

"Oh, you won the trophy?" Sam said in annoyance. She dropped her arms from his neck and pulled down her skirt, suddenly feeling self-conscious. 

He stopped grinning, "I am sorry, I shouldn't do that. I guess I just got carried away thinking of you as my wife." His expression turned serious.  

"It's okay. You paid me to do this," Sam replied lightly even though that was exactly what's in her mind as well.  

"Guess what?" He then spoke happily. 

"What? Must be good news."  

"I saw Mom walk into Dad's office half an hour ago!" he said. 

"Oh!" She got mixed feelings between happy and worry at the same time. 

"Yeah, in fact, I want to have a peek." He pulled her hand and walked slowly in the corridor toward Tony's office. 

"I don't think this is appropriate," she whispered. 

"No. But I don't care," he whispered back. 

Sam smiled, looking at him. He looked so happy just like a kid playing hide and seek. 

They reached Tony's office within seconds. His assistant's desk was clean and his office door slightly ajar. 

"Where's Sofia?"  

"Sofia's moved to Perth."  

They are now right in front of the door and Sam could see a slim and gorgeous figure kissing Tony.