He doesn't Love Me

Hi guys. Thank you for keep coming back to read the short stories. Appreciate it very much.

As always not yet edited. Please comment and follow me to get update for new stories.

Love you all!

______________________

I never thought I would marry a perfect man, let alone a wealthy but kind hearted, stunning, sexy, down to earth man who I secretly adored and loved with every fibre of my being. Everything would be perfect if only this one particular problem didn't exist: He didn't love me!

I took a glance of my own reflection on the tall mirror inside the bride room of the church, making sure that my hair and make up were all right.

I touched a hundred thousand dollar diamond necklace that covered my neck, a gift from Tony Russo, my father in law. I wouldn't dare dreaming of wearing such expensive jewellery on my body and yet here I was with this stunning piece shone brightly against my pale skin.

I turned to my side slightly, checking my beautiful Steven Khalil's twenty five thousand dollar wedding dress that my fiancé ordered for me as soon as I said yes.

I could design my own gown, I swore I could, and helped him save twenty five grand easy, but he told me he didn't want me to get stress from the pressure of the wedding that he suddenly put on my shoulders.

He'd always spoiled me like a princess, way before he proposed to me. That kind of gentleman he was, a rare species in this modern world and I was happy that I was inside his circle of friends. This was why I helped him with his crazy idea to safe his family. He hadn't stopped apologizing, he hadn't stopped thanking me and he hadn't stop making sure I knew that I could change my mind anytime I wanted.

How could I say no? How could I refuse his request when he was willing to sacrifice his own happiness for his parents by marrying me, a girl who he didn't love?

Besides, I wanted to be with him, I wanted to get his full attention. I knew it was selfish, I knew I was being silly for hoping for the moon. But what could I do? I was helplessly in love with him and the only chance I could get to be with him was by agreeing to be his fake wife. I knew I wouldn't stand a chance to win his heart, I wouldn't even dream of it but I wouldn't waste the opportunity to enjoy our togetherness for few months. I would cherish him every second I could once I said I do.

My mother entered the room with tears in her eyes and she gave me a proud hug. My father wheeled himself next to her and I bent down to receive a kiss on my forehead. I could see his content heart from twinkles in his eyes. His face was pale from the illness that he suffered but his lips twitched up.

My husband to be, he was an angel that saved my father. He sent the best doctors to take care of him, he poured fund into my mother's account so that she could buy medication for my father and this was one of the reasons I agreed to marry him.

"Are you ready?" she asked, holding my hand and I nodded. It was supposed to be my father who would walk me down the aisle but since he was on a wheel chair, my mother would walk with us too. We exited the room straight to the main doors of the church, I saw my bride maids stood there waiting, Rosa my colleague and Mandy my house mate. They both smiling brightly at me and helping me to get ready for the grand entrance.

Faintly I heard the famous Pachelbel Canon in D started to play. The heavy cello accompanied Rosa's steps to the altar followed by Mandy and slowly I walked behind them. My left hand clutched my bouquet tightly and my right hand was holding my father's. My mother pushed his wheel chair.

As soon as I was in the middle of the aisle, the violins started playing, I couldn't help but noticing a group of musician dressing up in tux playing the music from the side of the altar. I shook my head inwardly, amazed by how details he organized the surprise for me. He knew I loved classical music, he knew that I secretly had this unlimited membership where I could watch orchestra anytime I wanted at the Opera house.