Chapter ~4

The excitement Vegas was feeling at the moment was out of this world because he was elated at the discovery. Pun, on the other hand, lost his words. The reason was, he did not smell anything on Pete.

"Quite an interesting story but are you a hundred percent certain?" Pun inquired.

Vegas was overly convinced. "I couldn't be mistaken, Pun." He poured himself another glass. "You couldn't sense him because he probably used pheromone blockers to mask his scent but I, on the other hand, I'm a dominant alpha and the strength of my pheromones did well in triggering his hidden ones even though it was very subtle."

Pun nodded in approval. "Makes sense then, but are you going to let him in on it? I feel he has a strong reason he's hiding his rank."

Vegas was silent for some time, making an effort to organize his thoughts. "It's very evident his dislike for us. There might be a reason behind his actions and I'm determined to find out so for now, I'll play along."

"You wouldn't tell him you know his identity?"

Vegas nodded. "He does not want anyone finding out so I don't think I should say anything. I'll just play along for now."

Pun crossed both arms over his chest, wondering what was up with his friend. This was an omega they were talking about and Vegas never got involved with one but here he was, behaving out of character because of this person. He even threatened to rip his friend to shreds if he laid a finger on Pete. "I think you're forgetting something, Vegas, you don't like getting involved with omegas, and since you know the truth, why do you want to keep pushing it?"

Vegas looked up at his friend. He was conflicted with himself. He never once got involved with them but now he was gravely interested in one. "He's different." That was the only thing Vegas could say.

Pun broke out a little laugh. "You're not making sense. You're making an exception because now the omega happens to be Pete? The dude hates your guts even." He reminded and it was like a shot to Vegas's heart.

"I honestly don't know what's wrong with me but I want Pete and I don't care about his rank. All I want to do is to get closer and maybe I might be able to break down his walls.

Pun patted Vegas on the shoulder and said mockingly, "I wish you success, dear friend."

Sarcastically Vegas muttered back, "Thank you?"

~~~~~

Preparing himself to go to bed, his phone began to vibrate. Pete checked and couldn't recognize the caller but still answered anyway.

"What are you doing still up?" The voice rumbled.

Pete brought the phone away from his ear when he recognized the voice and he couldn't be mistaken. He recalled Vegas promising to call him and he truly did but how did he...

"How'd you get my number?" His tone was the usual stone cold.

"I have my ways, Pete. I asked why you are still up. It's quite late."

Pete massaged his temples, not knowing why he hasn't hanged up yet. "It's none of your business. I'm hanging up."

The call dropped before Vegas could say anything else. Pete wasn't foolish. He had a fair idea of who sold out his information and he was going to deal with the brat tomorrow. For now, he was exhausted and needed rest.

Before he could close his eyes, a text came in and Pete clenched his fists when he read it.

You're quite a fierce little beta and your sassy attitude makes me want to go all the way with you.