Chapter ~6

The call dropped and Pete kept staring at Vegas for an explanation. Why was Vegas' mom speaking tenderly to him like she's known him for years? She even mentioned his mother's name. It was as if she recognized me at first glance. How is that possible? I look like mother, but still...

Pete used his mother's name simply because he was not very attached to his father. The man's death happened when he was still a baby and he stayed with his mother all his life and remembered her in vivid detail and using this part of her was what he wanted.

Was everyone in Vegas' family weird? So Pete thought. His gaze was intensively poking Vegas to a point it almost clawed through his back.

The alpha felt the sharp eyes behind him and turned to look, locking eyes with Pete. "Before you conclude my mother is weird, just know she's not a weirdo."

"I never said she's weird." Vegas flawlessly read his thoughts.

Vegas settled beside Pete. "I can see it in your eyes. Hey, there's a little problem, Pete." Vegas said awkwardly scratching the back of his head. "The woman wants to see you so you should come with me?"

Pete scoffed at Vegas as he leaned against the bed. "I'm just about kicking you out of my room, yet you want me to go meet your mother? Are you insane? I don't remember us having that kind of relationship. Kindly head for the door and close it behind you." He shifted his body on the bed.

Vegas smiled, not looking offended, "Well, I can leave but she's not one to give up on something." He got to his feet. "Call me if you need anything." He spared Pete one lustful look and made his way out.

Pete breathed a sigh of relief. He was relieved in his heart that even with what happened, Vegas did not find out he was an omega. That was close. His mind went back to the time he woke up seeing the worried look Vegas had on. Did he care or he's a fake?

After a while, Pete reached his hand out to the nightstand, picking up his phone. Scrolling through, he found the contact he had blocked. He suddenly was feeling a little guilty kicking Vegas out like that after the alpha took care of him.

After contemplating for what felt like forever, he finally did it.

Unblock

What's he doing now?

Right at that moment, the phone vibrated. Speak of the devil and he appears. Pete brought the device to his ear. "Are you a stalker? I unblocked and you called immediately after?"

"I keep trying every 2 minutes. Miss me already?" Vegas teased.

"Miss you my ass. I only did you a favor since you seemed so desperate.

"Pete, when will you stop being cold toward me?"

"I just don't want to be close to you."

"Why? Because you hate my kind? Not all of us are bad, you know? I'm the sweetest you can get, trust me."

"I'm retiring to bed."

There was a long pause, "Okay, talk tomorrow, good night."

Pete hang up and pulled the sheets over his body. Vegas has been good to him so far but he still found it difficult to trust. He wasn't going to risk it even if that person was Vegas. He will not let his guard down.

~~~~~

The next day, Joey rushed into Pete's room, panting like he run a marathon. "Hey, the beautiful lady is here for you." He announced and Pete's face contorted into a frown.